At Safaricom, our evolution has been driven by the spirit of innovation. We can provide you with multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex technical and business problems as you join us on our journey. We strive to have various career opportunities available for undergraduates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the M-Agri department within the Enterprise Business Unit. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager; M-Agri Sales and Distribution, the is responsible for the engagment, acquisition, onboarding and retention of buyers within the DigiFarm ecosystem.
- Identify and acquiring DigiFarm buyer accounts
- Drive buyer demand generation by ensuring season-on-season production (Buyers’ inputs) orders.
- Drive incremental revenue for buyer accounts under management as per revenue potential identified in each buyer account
- Effectively develop and manage relationship matrix and engagement models for the buyer accounts
- Craft strategic plans for buyer account penetration
- Ensure less than 1% churn for all buyer accounts under management
- Identify DigiFarm growth opportunities and up-selling and cross – selling potential within the assigned Buyer account.
- Supervise development and executions of buyer accounts ring fencing strategies
- Develop strong relationships with the buyer accounts at CxO to maintain ongoing revenue stream
- Manage all customer escalations with relevant stakeholder in the organization and ensure closure
- Weekly reports on buyer performance and submission of buyer account plans
- A bachelor’s Degree. (A business-related discipline with an IT/Commercial bias will be an added advantage)
- 4-5 years working experience managing key accounts in a B2B environment
- Strong relationship building skills preferably from a major blue-chip company
- Ability to inspire and manage a sales team (previous team leadership will be an added advantage)
- New business development skills.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver results i.e. meet and surpass targets.
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the M-Agri Department within the Enterprise Business Unit Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – M-Agri Business Development and Channels, the position holder will be responsible forchampioning the DigiFarm buyer strategy.
- Develop buyer strategy and oversee implementation of buyer channel strategy framework;
- Develop compelling elevator pitch to develop winning strategies at the point of sale as well as develop and implement buyer channel contact programs.
- Ensure buyer channel are well optimized-right channel focus supported with right resources.(market dimensioning)
- Develop trade branding guidelines/principles& actively support of development of PiCOS across the DigiFarm- Buyer engagement
- Innovate new ways of taking the product to the DigiFarm buyer ecosystem(route to market innovation)
- Conduct skill gap analysis for sales force & Responsible for Field force skills development program.
- Responsible for development of capability assessment toolkits.
- Act as a focal point for sales excellence initiatives with other business units.
- Buyer Channel segmentation &classification.
- Develop & cascade execution to for the frontline teams.
- Liaison with other channels and SBUs to drive execution excellence.
- Responsible for buyer channel insights generation.
- Develop Buyer channel KPIs and associated performance metrics. Supported by dashboards.
- Degree in Business or Commerce from a recognized University
- A master’s degree in Sales & Marketing will be an added advantage
- Intermediate knowledge of business finance principles is essential.
- 5 years hands on experience in a FMCG or service sector of which 2 years must have been in a sales Related position, preferably in a fast moving consumer goods company or Mobile telephone Company
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.