The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings (www.uapoldmutual.com) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda.
We are rooted in our purpose of "Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day" and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
To develop and implement Brand and Product Marketing and Research Strategies in line with the overall Business Plan so as to strengthen the Faulu brand internally and externally, resulting in positive business growth across the Bank’s key business segments – Retail and MSME
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Faulu Brand Custodian inside and outside the Bank.
- Brand Positioning and Brand Promise development - working closely with the Bank’s Business Heads to strengthen the Faulu brand and enhance awareness to enable the Bank gain and maintain an edge in market share and strategic advantage
- Ensuring brand standards are maintained across all customer touch points above and below the line, including banking branches, marketing offices, branded merchandise
- Brand strength measurement – working with the Head of Research and Development to conduct annual brand equity and brand tracker surveys
- Customer Value Proposition (CVP) development
- Working with Research Agency to conduct in-depth customer understanding to ensure the bank offering is optimised to meet changing consumer needs.
- Customer segmentation and sizing, needs analysis, defining financial aspirations and mining of insights
- Development of CVPS for the key customer segments based on research findings
- Marketing Strategies development
- Working closely with the Head of Business Development and Managing Director to develop marketing strategies for the Bank and Bank’s products across relevant customer touch points so as to deliver business growth.
- Drawing up of annual Marketing and Research plans in line with the wider Business Strategy
- Communication strategies development and implementation of the same - liaison with creative agency and media team for top to tail brand communication – idea development and production supervision of marketing materials
- Ensuring media investment is optimized using KARF data & leads analysis, and constantly audited using via 3rd parties such as Reelforge
- Marketing budget and activity tracking to ensure positive Return on Investment
- Internal Communication and Branding
- Working with HR team to ensure staff buy-in to the brand and marketing campaigns – including staff branding, internal staff campaigns, desk top wall paper, e-signatures, event branding,
- Production of weekly and quarterly staff publications that highlight key events / milestones within Faulu and the Old Mutual Group
- Facilitation of all staff communication and memos – EXCO, Product and Pricing amends, Old Mutual Group memos
- Facilitation of recruitment adverts
- Customer Engagement strategies development
- Creating opportunities for customers to experience the products and benefits of the brand within and outside of the branches.
- Digital Assets custodian
- Management of Faulu Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Includes development of engagement strategies and content management.
- PR and Media Relations
- Working in liaison with the Old Mutual Group Marketing Team and PR agency to manage brand conversations in the media space – both analog and digital. Press Release writing to profile of the Bank, products and senior management in media. Speech Writing for Senior Bank Stakeholders.
- Research – pre and post measurement, investigative studies to guide decision making.
- Conducting financial sector research and financial needs analysis to guide decision making – eg positioning and pricing of the Bank’s products and services (ALCO)
- Brand equity surveys, pre and post campaign surveys – briefing, questionnaire development, attending focus groups, analysis of findings
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys to help the Bank develop customer service guidelines that will result in customer delight and loyalty
- Product Development
- Needs analysis, design and testing of banking products (credit, savings and Bancassurance)
- Actively participate in the development of the new products and improvement of the existing ones in response to the market and customer needs
- Management of all Faulu CSR activities at global, branch and departmental level.
- Working with stakeholders of the Old Mutual Foundation to ensure objectives are met.
- Budget Development
- Working in close liaison with the Managing Director and the Head of Finance to develop cost effective annual budgets for Marketing, Research and Public Relations. Daily management of the same.
- Department Team leader
- Establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for staff in the Department.
- Team motivation and mentoring, on the job training/coaching for the team, score card tracking, leave management, supervision of daily business
- Guide, lead and manage the staff in the Department in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency and a high degree of discipline in all activities
- Member of Leadership Teams
- EXCO, ALCO, RMC, attendance of quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Collaboration with Old Mutual Group Marketing at various levels -
- Liaison with marketing teams at various levels – Kenya, OMA, OMEM and PLC for knowledge sharing and ensuring best practice for the brand.
- Stakeholder Management
- Management of agendas for Old Mutual Kenya, OMA, OMEM, PLC visits / sessions to Faulu.
- Good working relations and support to all departments in the Bank.
- Bankwide AML, KYC & CFT
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
Knowledge and Experience
- First Degree in Bachelor of Commerce (marketing) or its Equivalent
- Master’s in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management of a busy marketing function
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to apply for the roles through: http://careers.uapoldmutual.com/
Applicants must possess or be in the process of applying for a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE as at the time of making an application.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Growth in number of clients through Salaried loans
- Grow Deposits through signed up Memorandum of Understanding
- Ensure timely and diligent verification of loans
- Timely loan disbursement and repayments.
- Business growth through recruitment of customers
- Identify schools, Government offices, Churches and Corporates
- Bachelors degree in any social sciences.
- Advanced knowledge in Marketing and Credit Risk management.
- Good analytical skills especially using the business analysis tools.
- At least 1 year related experience.
To source clients, retain them and maximize returns to the company by ensuring timely loan processing and payment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.