APHRC seeks to recruit a Project Manager to coordinate APHRC Hub activities.
The Project Manager will assist the RCS Director in coordination of RCS activities of HRP Alliance partners within the region and ensure that the project work plan is implemented efficiently and effectively, in order to meet agreed targets and deliver value for money. S/he will assist in the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed work plans and lead in the implementation of the work plans. S/he will monitor and ensure all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved. S/he will also assist in the management of stakeholder relations and engagement. S/he will also work closely with the Training Coordinator to identify training needs, develop curriculum and coordinate the delivery of training workshops.
- Ensure that all capacity building program deliverables are met according to expected standards and in a timely manner;
- Coordinate external stakeholder engagements and research training workshops;
- Assess external research training priorities based on needs and resources;
- Maintain proper records and liaise with requisite staff to develop promotional materials;
- Review training curriculum and organize training of facilitators;
- Coordinate capacity sharing efforts to convert research findings into accessible policy engagement tools, training modules, webinars and practice guidelines;
- Develop and oversee a framework for measuring impact and outputs;
- Work closely with WHO- HRP Alliance partners both at regional level and in Geneva to coordinate on shared tasks and deliverables;
- Prepare project reports; and
- Represent the Center in national forums including relevant technical working groups and expert committees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MPH MSc/ / MA in a relevant field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience or BS/BA in a relevant field with at least 5-7 years’ experience working in the private sector or NGO;
- Demonstrable experience managing donor grants or funds;
- Strong experience with research, data collection and management, analysis and report preparation;
- Experience in evidence synthesis and knowledge translation;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, and demonstrated expertise in report writing, preparation of communication materials and oral presentation;
- Experience in scientific writing including development and successful submission of abstracts, their presentation and knowledge management;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Considerable experience in in collaborative work with partners at multiple levels including working with international organizations;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in French will be an advantage.
go to method of application »
The Center seeks to recruit a Business Development Officer who will play a key role in cultivating funders and proposal writing.
- Support implementation of the Center’s fundraising strategy;
- Research, identify and clarify funding opportunities and needs;
- Conduct both internal and external meetings with technical teams, prospective partners and potential funders ensuring information gathered reaches the relevant teams;
- Lead timely proposal development by establishing priorities and target dates for proposal teams, taking a substantive role in writing, review and finalization;
- Maintain quality results by using requisite templates following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency and tone appropriate for the different funders;
- Maintaining proposal support databases;
- Diligently handle revisions and feedback from relevant technical and financial leads;
- Coordinate proposal submissions and tracking through the Enterprise Resource Planning platform; and
- Provide critical information for effective grants management to ensure donor (and partners) retention.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate training in a relevant field from a recognized university;
- Proven experience in proposal writing;
- Experience cultivating key bilateral and multilateral funders, Corporations, US Foundations and Government agencies in at least one of the Center’s focus areas;
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development;
- Knowledge of, and experience in using various business development information systems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with diverse teams; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates are invited to send via email no later than October 21, 2019, their letter of application, statement of research interests and goals (1-2 pages), and CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com. Please indicate ‘Research Capacity Strengthening Project Manager’ on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.