With the scale-up and the transition, the HR team plays a pivotal role in attracting, selecting and appointing the right calibers to support WFP Somalia relief and development activities across the country.
The ideal candidate has a deep passion for workforce diversity, talent acquisition, sourcing, and employer branding; constantly thinks about how to introduce new methods and ideas for identifying, engaging, and selecting top talent, especially in hardship locations; and successfully enlists support from the business for talent attraction and selection, networking and workforce diversity initiatives.
Under the direct supervision of the Talent Acquisition Lead, the Sourcing and Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the end-to-end recruitment for a specific account with a focus on gender, on innovation, and introducing quick wins.
What will you do?
- Ensure in close collaboration with the talent acquisition team that all vacancies announcements are sound and inspiring for the purpose of attracting best talents with a focus on gender;
- Collate data and contribute actively to the Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding weekly reports;
- Carry out active sourcing based on the position requirements. Uses new technologies, social media, software and networks, to identify, attract, and hire the best talent in support of WFP CO Somalia talent goals;
- Identify opportunities to expand relevant talent pools for critical and difficult-to-fill positions;
- Support developing and maintaining strong relationships with the different partners like universities, associations, and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline;
- Improve the gender diversity and drive the improvements of talent attraction and talent acquisition approaches, especially to attract qualified female candidates (with special attention on diaspora) to hardship locations;
- Increase the quality of applicant flow, including both internal and external, passive and active candidates and ensure local implementation across the operation;
- Write concise recruitment notes for obtaining management approval for selecting candidates;
- Travel to Area/field offices related to talent acquisition and employer branding project as necessary and possible;
- Any other duties in line with the profile and expertise.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field.
- Experience: Six or more years of professional experience in the specific field of Talent Acquisition, of which at least 3 at international or regional level.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as part of a multicultural and diverse team, and/or leading one.
- Deep knowledge of the recruiting market and trends in East Africa, more specifically in Somalia.
- Demonstrated success implementing creative candidate pipeline development methodologies and effective outreach strategies.
- Structured, organized and great planning skills to manage several recruitments simultaneously to successful completion.
- Experience in sourcing and recruiting hard-to-find profiles.
- Strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, technology, and sourcing tools. Experience with SAP talent acquisition platforms is highly desirable.
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- Ability to leverage social media to connect with diverse communities to brand and market organisation and jobs.
- Sound theoretical understanding of recruitment/talent acquisition concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with human resources counterparts, managers.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.