CloudFactory is looking for a seasoned Professional Services Manager to join our team!
This will be an amazing opportunity for you to interact with our biggest clients (hint: these are globally recognized and leading companies) and have the biggest possible impact in providing meaningful work for our workforce.
You should be able to inspire others and lead a team of technology professionals, harnessing collective expertise to architect great solutions that make a difference. You will enjoy working with amazing brands, aligning technology to business outcomes and finding new ways technology can transform the customer experience. You will be supporting many of the world’s fastest growing, disruptive technology companies and helping them succeed by understanding their needs, and then delivering results to match.
You are an experienced manager and have developed new approaches, ideas and problem solving methods for high quality delivery. You must be passionate about the client experience and committed to continuous improvement. Solution oriented and creative thinking skills to evaluate problems and to drive win-win outcomes will be your toolbox.
To be successful in this role, you should have a “player/coach” attitude with the ability to own some workload whilst delegating and overseeing tasks for the team.
This role is remote and reports to the Director of Delivery Services.
One of our principles at CloudFactory is - “We Respect Data” and Professional Services is a key team that is driving the data centricity within the organization. The Professional Services team is instrumental in data integration and visualization such that key decisions are data driven. As a leader of this team, you will be primarily accountable to the following deliverables along with your team:
- Build integrations and data pipelines to and from a Client’s tool and platforms such that data is accessible to CloudFactory to aid managing the workforce.
- Build integrations / conversions for inputs and outputs for our product offerings that use Partner and Marketplace tools
- Build custom technology enhancement for CloudFactory proprietary tools to allow efficiency in data processing for our CloudWorkers
- Build custom dashboards for our key and strategic accounts such that key metrics are tracked and analyzed for them
- Build light-weight automations to enable our WorkStream Team Leads to operate efficiently.
- Build and maintain internal KPI dashboards to present key data for Leadership.
- Own and manage costs and permissions for the Professional Services technology platforms.
- Develop our technical abilities through coaching & mentoring our Professional Services Team
- Lead our Professional Services Team with confidence, integrity and passion.
- Manage the estimation of work and the utilization and assignment of resources to ensure implementation of design and delivery.
- Build strong relationships with Stakeholders based on trust and expertise, and inspire them with innovative solutions that harness appropriate technology, are commercially viable and can be successfully implemented.
- Contribute to Delivery Services’s strategy and operational plans
- Identify opportunities to add value to CloudFactory and our Clients through appropriate new technologies and develop compelling business cases to support your ideas.
- Work with the Delivery leadership team to develop and deliver on the technical strategy that is aligned to our business goals and connected to the wider business.
- Manage relationships across the product teams, pre-sales, sales and engineering teams to understand future demand and requirements ensuring a proactive resourcing model
- Seek out alignment and collaboration with team members across all functions to support an integrated offering and client experience.
- Keep up with the latest industry developments, validating them for CloudFactory and our Clients.
- You can explain complex technical issues at an appropriate level for your audience.
- You are a natural and excellent communicator through all mediums.
- You have a strong commercial and business awareness that ensures our technical output is aligned to client needs and delivers business value.
- You lead by example, balancing ownership and responsibility with empowerment and delegation.
- You are flexible to work on several projects/tasks/Clients in parallel in a dynamic environment.
- You have knowledge of open source, open standards and cloud technologies and an in-depth understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a flair for collaboration.
- You are experienced presenting and communicating with and to Enterprise organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise Professional Services Leadership
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
- Strong team/autonomous working capability
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of both traditional and agile delivery methods
- AWS / Google certifications
- Background in the AI/Machine Learning industry
- Familiarity with the enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- Experience managing SCRUMs
- Project Management certifications like PMI/PMP, ACP or equivalent
- Great Mission and Culture
- Meaningful Work
- Growth Opportunities
- Flexible Work Hours
- Market Competitive Salary
- Health and Medical
go to method of application »
With over 6000 CloudWorkers and 200 Clients, Delivery is one of the fastest paced, highest growth functions in CloudFactory. Our Delivery function is made up of 200+ core team members who are serving both Cloud Team and the clients towards our mission of 1M+ meaningful jobs. We have team members across four continents, most of whom are based in Nepal and Kenya and we're looking for an experienced service delivery Director to come and lead our Kenyan team.
As a strong leader and someone who places great emphasis on being a coach and mentor, you will enjoy leading and developing a highly motivated client-facing Delivery team. We will empower you to foster an engaging team environment, where challenge and support are given in healthy levels. This can be done at both the Delivery function level, where you are part of the functional leadership team, as well as the Kenyan location level, where you are integral to the local leadership team as well. A great opportunity to impact on both leadership teams.
Your team members are the bridge between two sets of Clients: Customers, who are the source of the data processing work, and the Cloud Workers, who get the processing work done. They guide the conversations between the two Clients to make sure there is alignment across the board on the work we’re performing. You will oversee the processes, people, and systems that support the efficient, effective delivery of our Client Work-Streams that deliver on our promise of being "easy" for our customers. Our Director of Delivery is integral in developing the strategy and directing the execution of these processes, which includes ensuring appropriate levels of staffing and training.
Along with developing and leading a high-performing team, the accountability for the success of a portfolio of accounts and projects rests with our Director of Delivery. You will be able to measure your success, and that of your team, through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and/or Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that are in place, along with how satisfied our Clients are (through our Customer NPS and Cloud Worker NPS) with CloudFactory’s service and performance. This level of measurement will excite you as well as giving you an opportunity to show and celebrate your team in how they are making an impact in their roles.
Naturally, as a Director for CloudFactory, this role includes scope with being responsible for profit margins, revenue, growth strategies, cost schedules, and also applying techniques to enhance performance, planning, tracking, change management, and risk management.
Success as a people leader at CloudFactory is very much around supporting and serving your team to become the best they can be. As a leader you will be passionate about growing others, and be excited by our 'Leaders Worth Following' programme, which supports our leadership team to foster growth through continuously developing and coaching others in all "3 Cs" (Competency, Character and Community).
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Enabling the success of the portfolio of accounts and projects by ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met.
- Maintaining growth and scale by managing scope, revenue, margins, growth strategies and cost schedules of Service Delivery.
- Identifying, communicating, and managing business risk related to Delivery in Kenya.
- Planning and execution of business and people related risk and change management.
- Ensuring effective structure and organisation for the Delivery Team in Kenya.
- Planning the deployment of people and resources.
- Inspiring team members by ensuring good servant leadership is practiced throughout Delivery.
- Partnering with the Country Manager to build country level goals and KPIs.
- Providing an environment that invests in people, allowing them to develop through goals and frequent feedback.
- Supporting good teamwork between Kenya and other delivery locations (inside and outside the business).
- Improving the efficiency of Delivery operations in Kenya through best practices and continuous improvement mechanisms.
- Making a strong contribution to Delivery Operations strategy as a member of the Global Delivery leadership team.
Here are the required technical experiences that you should have to be successful in the role:
- Minimum of 7+ years proven strategic and project management experience managing concurrent, large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and training deliverables.
- Management of global project teams in a matrixed environment.
- Proven experience in building up team members and contributing to process improvements.
Importantly, we know that character and culture fit is key for both you and CloudFactory when assessing the suitability for the role. So, here's a bit more information that will help you to decide on whether this role is right for you to apply for:
- You will be an agile and visionary leader who never loses sight of the big picture, but can adapt quickly to business needs.
- As a leader, you will get excited about being part of and building out a strong Delivery Kenya Leadership team, thus having not only a strategic mindset but also “people first” approach.
- We know that our role suits someone who wants to be part of a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, which means things can change quickly. This position requires a balance between people leadership and performance management so that we impress our Customers and Cloud Workers. Therefore, a Client-focused individual who is passionate about serving people and harnessing technology is what we’re looking for.
- We place great value on building relationships, and so this role suits someone who is passionate about people, and can manage through times of ups-and-downs.
- Managing multiple projects and/or scenarios simultaneously is something you will get a buzz from. And it will be important to you to be close to the customers and our cloud workers, so this will mean getting your hands dirty from time-to-time and the ability of going into the details of projects.
- Our team members value our "Be Flexible with Flexible" working policy. It means that we can best serve our customers, our team members and ourselves and families. Particularly when we work across multiple time-zones.
- We value talent, no matter what our area of specialty is, and we encourage people to be 'one body of many parts'. Our culture suits someone who likes to think beyond their typical job description and help support CloudFactory in a multitude of areas.
- Our leadership team lead by example. And if you tick these boxes, you will certainly fit in well. You are an excellent all-around communicator — verbal, written, and interpersonal. You're confident, but humble. You're adventurous and love experimentation. You're data-driven. You're skilled at investigating situations and a natural problem solver. You are resourceful. You take initiative and action when you see areas that can be improved or optimized. You are comfortable with being uncomfortable, especially when stepping up to say or do the honorable thing in tough situations. You speak truth and life, and encourage others to do the same (importantly 'hearing' what people have to say and learning from others too).
Don't worry if you don't tick everything completely in this section. At CloudFactory, we're very intentional about our culture, so above all we're looking for an open-minded individual to learn and grow together with.
- Competitive remuneration package, which includes performance based Variable Compensation.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development