Carolina for Kibera exists to develop local leaders, catalyze positive change, and alleviate poverty in the informal settlement of Kibera in Nairobi, Kenya. We also combine service with responsible research to inform and assist participatory development in Kibera and other informal settlements globally. By maintaining a participatory focus, continuing to ...
Read more about this company
The finance department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily financial administration and reporting.
Responsible to:*** Head of Finance
Responsible for: Finance Intern
Employment Type: Contractor
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Internal controls and monthly financial reports;
- Maintain monthly checklist and ensure that all transactions are processed into the Ledger by the 2nd day of the month and share reports as per the set schedules.
- Ensure timely posting of all month, quarter and year-end entries across all Programmes.
- Prepare year-end analysis and consolidation of all project income and expenditure into restricted and unrestricted funding streams.
- Support effective systems to enable budget production, expenditure reports and forecasts in the format required by donors and CFK policies.
- Review and streamline systems and procedures wherever necessary, identifying areas for new initiatives; manage future systems development and implementation using the new ERP system.
- Ensure that all financial records are kept in compliance with the legal requirements of both CFK and donors.
- Coordinate the day-to-day financial control of all projects by ensuring a complete audit trail of relevant documentation from initiation to completion of the programme.
- Budget Preparation/Monitoring
- Produce annual programme budgets to feed into the overall CFK budget and planning cycle in collaboration with relevant program teams, the Head of Finance and the Financial Officer.
- Produce sensitivity analysis when required.
- Oversee half-year forecasts for all the projects and assist Head of Finance in preparing the organization wide half year forecast.
- Update management on the budget process and circulation of budgets to Head of Finance for approvals,
- Ensure that a Capital Expenditure Report/ Capital Disposal Report (CER/ CDR) is prepared for each addition a disposal of Fixed Assets and that all approvals are obtained,
- Review expenses monthly and advice management where there are variances to the budget.
- Expense Control and Analysis
- Ensure expense allocations is made to correct account codes
- Conduct month end reviews of all postings to ensure expenses are properly posted
- Conduct follow up expense analysis as per management request
- Ensure that any misallocation of expenses identified during expense analysis is corrected.
- Balance Sheet Accounts
- Ensure that reconciliations are received from the responsible Accounts staff for each account and a report is produced on compliance on a monthly basis by the set deadline.
- Ensure that the Trial Balance is reconciled to the Operating Statement and Balance Sheet on a monthly basis, Aged Debtors by cost center, Aged suppliers Listing in a file for each month.
- TAX and Compliance Matters
- Prepare on a timely basis, all monthly TAX returns
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of TAX accounts
- Coordinate TAX audits for refunds from KRA and others
- Update management on any changes in TAX legislation to ensure that the company does not incur any penalties.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational financial strategy development, delivery and understanding of management, financial and business practices
- Detailed Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting systems, preferably in ERP
- Knowledge of funding agency contracting and reporting requirements (. e.g., USAID, EU) for restricted and unrestricted funding
- Budget Preparation and variance analysis
- Analysis of financial information and interpreting it for non-financial audience
- A Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting from a reputable university
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA with CIA and CISA certifications
- At least 5 years managing accounts preferably in an NGO setup
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Micro soft office applications
go to method of application »
Department: The operations department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily administration, logistics, procurement, asset management and IT for all field offices
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Operations Assistant, Ambulance Operators, Drivers, Procurement Intern
Employment Type: Contractor
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Procurement Management:
- Plan, develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects related to procurement of diverse products and services with significant complexity for all Programs at CFK.
- Develop operations systems by determining handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving supplies and equipment, utilization and inventory management.
- Prepare/oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Identify new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommend potential supply sources and participate in the incorporation of research results into the procurement plan.
- Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and extensions of contracts, and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
- Ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently in compliance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Forecast for procurement requests on a monthly basis and submit to the Head of Operations.
- Asset Management:
- Record and code all new assets and keep an updated and complete asset register.
- Schedule and conduct quarterly physical count of assets in field offices.
- Generate monthly asset and inventory reports where all assets are located.
- Document all lost, damaged, sold, stolen and disposed off or other as per the policy.
- Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status.
- 3. Vehicle management:
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
- Issue vehicle log-sheets to drivers, compile and submit monthly usage reports.
- Oversee fuel consumption, purchase and tracking including coordination with fuel station(s)
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies etc.
- Ensure that all vehicle related incident reports are completed and filed.
- Ensure adherence to CFK’s administrative and logistics procedures and staff policies by all staff.
- Allocation of CFK owned mobile phones and Internet modems including timely settlement of bills.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access and ensure safety and security standards are in place in all CFK premises.
- A Bachelors degree in operations management, business administration, supply chain, project management or an equivalent field.
- Professional certification/membership (KISM, CIPS) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in operations, contract management and administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
- Experience in the use of procurement information systems such as SAP is desirable.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of nationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of national procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services.
- Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments and ensures timely completion of work.
- Client oriented: Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect as well as identifying and matching clients' needs.
Method of Application
Send a cover letter and resume with reference PROGRAMME ACCOUNTANT/OPERATIONS OFFICER to [email protected] on or before 10th February 2021.
Interested and qualified? Go to Carolina for Kibera on
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.