This role is responsible for the creation and execution of world class commercialization plans across all Innovation brands in KBL for beer, spirits and new to world categories. This role will lead a team of 3-5 highly skilled innovations commercialization leads to develop the most efficient and effective Industry leading Shopper Marketing Growth Drivers for new innovations. The growth drivers developed must drive availability (i.e. listing), price effectiveness, grow our share, but also drive equity and penetration growth. The role requires the individual to transform our growth drivers to be ‘channel’ and brand marketing ready. There is a requirement in this role to develop commercial plans that deliver against all aspects of the ‘path to purchase’ and not just at the ‘Moment of choice’
- Working very closely with Innovations marketing teams, and starting with strong insights, this role leads the creation of high quality and scalable commercial plans for execution. The creation is for beer, spirits and new to world categories.
- Delivers Inspiration and Toolkits that are ‘Channel Ready’ and brand marketing ready across countries for Execution
- Working with, and managing Agencies to set the highest standards and deliver the very latest and best triple win commercial plans.
- Deliver tools that conform to the developed NGM Physical Availability principles, covering the full Path to Purchase, and in accordance with the M&E learnings
- This role will also control the flexible resourcing work plan across all Shopper Marketing and Category Asset Creation teams. As part of this the role will take budgetary responsibility for ‘creation’, and the selection of appropriate agencies and the agency model we use
- With the change in structure the role and scope of the commercialization team will change and as part of this the incumbent will play a key role in setting out and defining the new responsibilities and ways of working.
- The Innovations BTL execution & ‘Create’ budget
- The activation money spent on Shopper Marketing/BTL execution.
Top functional capabilities for this role:
- Strong Consumer Marketing Experience/skills, and a clear understanding of the Commercial requirements for brilliant execution
- People Management & Coaching Expertise
- Stakeholder management and influencing at all levels, across Marketing & Country teams, to align on consistent TTL plans executed brilliantly at scale.
Top 3 leadership capabilities for this role:
- Consistently Delivering Great Performance through others - ensure join up between the Shopper Team and the Brand Team, and in particular the Category team who will sign off the ‘Channel Readiness’.
- Creating the Conditions for people to Succeed – provide context & insight for the team to act on, and for the Countries to execute brilliantly against.
- Creating Possibilities – ability to make sure our Shopper Marketing is Industry leading – a benchmark for others. Ability to look beyond the traditional ‘Shopper Marketing’ and understand and develop the tools to win along the Path to Purchase.
What would you need to demonstrate in order to be successful in this role?
- Brilliant Consumer Commercialization Skills
- Good understanding of retail and customer needs
- Fantastic People Management Skills
- A track record of Thought Leadership.
What would we expect you to develop in this role?
- Wide-ranging influencing skills
- Sizeable People and Strategic Leadership
- A strong profile within senior circles in the business
go to method of application »
About the Role
The role is a brand management position within the Kenya Marketing team. The job holder works closely with the Head of Spirits in providing leadership in planning and implementation of brand strategy laddering up to the higher business strategy
The role involves high stakeholder engagement including sales team to ensure full execution of field activities in line with brand strategies;
- Consumer Planning & Research for provision of up to date research on brands and thorough analysis of the same for identification of opportunities and threats to the brand towards strategy development
- Global Brand support offices for brand strategy alignment, sharing of best practice from locally developed projects and identification of innovation opportunities in support of brand growth
- Advertising Agencies & media agencies/media houses for effective brand communication in line with next generation marketing principles;
- Group procurement for support on delivery of brand activity related goods and services;
- Finance for cost/budget controls and brands profitability;
- Production department for monitoring product quality and availability and PR agencies for enhancing brands image.
- Cross functional linkages to deliver brand activities and innovations on time and in full
- Management of the annual brand budget to deliver brand activities in line with the business growth strategy
EABL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach.
The company invests heavily in A&P, Media buying, sponsorships and events to build brand equity and increase operating economic profit.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive marketing to maximise company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
- Lead best practice in Marketing, providing tangible solutions to brand building gaps.
- Lead commercial conversations through annual Game planning and implementation of brand strategy including identification of and implementation of stop gap measures.
- Inspire and motivate agencies to execute brilliantly towards delivery of agreed brand objectives.
Purpose of Role
Protect, grow and build the brand by managing demand for the brands to achieve budgeted volume, market share and profit objectives. To develop and effectively implement marketing activities for the brands.
- Develop, implement & monitor annual strategic brand plan including proper management of allocated budget.
- Monitoring brand availability and sales and being proactive on factors affecting the brand sales and market share performance.
- Identify and recommend market research programmes aimed at enhancing brand positioning.
- Analyzing market research data including secondary research and taking corrective action for enhancement of brand strategies.
- Effective management of brand advertising and sales promotion to generate brand growth.
- Recommending, planning & co-coordinating brand PR activities likely to enhance the brand sales and image in the short or long term.
- Monitor competitor activities affecting the brand and take appropriate corrective action
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend brand-packaging update including pack and range extensions and follow through to implementation in liaison with Marketing Manager.
- Regular and continuous monitoring of brand costs and profitability and recommend areas for improvement.
- Prepare monthly brand expenditure and variance report to control budgeted expenditure.
- Plan and implement brand media strategy.
- Market intelligence through regular trade visits and utilizing this to enhance brand activities.
- Design, procurement and economic distribution of brand promotional materials to plan.
- Interaction with Regional Brand (where applicable) liaisons to give updates on implementation of Brand strategic plans.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Bachelor of Commerce Marketing or business degree or equivalent.
- Relevant professional certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years marketing experience preferably in a FMCG environment.
- Brand management experience
- Experienced in the development and execution of advertising strategies.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.