The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
- Offer strategic leadership to the branch leadership teams In liaison with HR and heads of business segments, oversee the process of recruitment, training and induction of branch teams and ensure motivation and retention of staff.
- Drive a high performance culture among the branches and take charge of performance management across branches.
- Develop and roll out initiatives geared to achievement of all business KPIs Drive profitability of the entire branch network and ensure that new branches /sales centers break even within the stipulated timelines Drive utilization and profitability of the alternative banking channels by the banks clients Provide feedback to head of segments on the all products, service offerings and processes and recommend alignments to customer needs and expectations.
- Cultivate a customer service culture across all customer touch points and align people, products and processes to the same.
- Leading the development and implementation of the overall strategy for Operations Department Cost Management
- This position is responsible for contributing to profitability directly by ensuring prudent cost management and waste reduction across the entire organization Continuous Process Improvements and process efficiencies in the entire organization.
- Responsible for the delivery of day to day support of all banking operational functions and work with other stakeholders to provide the technology solutions, process improvement efforts to promote efficiency and standardization across the organization
- Lead centralization and standardization of operational processes across the bank and in conjunction with other areas of the organization
- Ensure organizational operations quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed internal policies, procedures and manuals
- Ensure compliance with regulatory provisions and requirements Maintain a professional work environment that focuses on superior performance by departmental staff –
- Establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for staff in the Operations Department and in the branches Training and motivation of staff –
- Identify training and counseling needs and ensure these are met for all staff under purview as appropriate
- Talent spotting to ensure appropriate exposure and career opportunities/ succession planning for high performing staff in the Operations Department and branch network.
- Play a lead role in developing alternate channels of customer service delivery, such as agency banking and third party partnerships and offer enhanced convenience to customers
- Provide the necessary support as appropriate in execution of the organization’s expansionist strategies such as branch expansion, rollout of agency banking and rolling out of strategic partnerships
- Working closely with the relevant Head Office departments, ensure effective administrative support to all the branches including resolving premises and other business-as-usual operational and service issues arising from time to time
- This position has broad decision-making authority and is responsible for the overall budgeting and planning for the daily Operation Department functions Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CTF compliance culture established by the board Implementing and enforcing the board-approved AML, KYC & CFT policy within the Department, Unit or Branch.
Head of Operations Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience as a Head of Operations or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of business functions.
- Solid knowledge of data analytics.
- Strong mathematical literacy.
- Excellent organizational and leadership qualities.
- A strategic thinker
go to method of application »
- Develop a Human Resource strategic plan in line with the Group corporate business strategy and offer direction on its achievement
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual business plans and thereafter ensure support for various units/ departments in the development of the scorecards, their communication and cascading to the staff
2. Staff productivity and maintenance of optimum head count
- Ensure that every employee has an updated job description and continuous review of the organization structures to ensure that they remain relevant to business needs and that there are established lines of delegation, supervision and management
- Ensure that a job analysis is undertaken before effecting staff changes such as promotions, recruitments etc.
- Management of the headcount and staff costs against the approved budget limits
- Align organisational structure with corporate goals and ensure optimal staff productivity
3. Selection and Recruitment of staff
- Enforce the recruitment policy and practices
- Screening of new staff members through background checks/references to ensure that only suitable staff members are recruited
- Liaise with other functional/ department managers so as to understand all the necessary HR needs and objectives such as resourcing & Development needs and to ensure they are fully informed and well guided on HR best practices
4. Industrial Relations and welfare
- Manage the Industrial Relations function/unit
- Facilitate general staff meetings/ consultative forums and maintain a culture of open communication within Faulu
- Prepare all the board and annual reports on Human Resources
- Oversee development and implementation of staff welfare programs so as to maintain high levels of motivation and commitment
- Update and communicate HR policies and procedures
5. Learning and Development
- Oversee the development and implementation of the annual training and development calendar
- Drive compliance to KYC, AML, Counter terrorism financing and regulations through induction and periodic training to the staff members.
- Approve the trainings and manage the budgets
- Oversee compliance on legal requirements such as DIT registration and utilization
- Oversee development and maintenance of high standards of induction and onboarding processes
6. Performance management, Talent management, compensation and benefits
- Oversee the preparation of annual performance plans, the setting of targets and objectives
- Inculcate a culture of bi-annual performance reviews
- Continuous review of compensation and benefits policy to ensure Faulu remains competitive
- Oversee payroll management and monitor remittance of statutory deductions
- Building and developing talent to drive the future success of the bank, creating strength at all levels that will meet current and future needs of the company.
- To guide, lead and manage staff in the Department in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, mentoring them into leadership roles and a high degree of discipline in all activities.
- To build a sales culture through the judicious use of incentives, recognition, mentoring and coaching.
- Identify staff requirements, training gaps, changes, movements and make the necessary recommendations to the HR Department
- Regularly update the HR department on staffing and competency requirements and agree on annual staffing projections
- Facilitate and support team leaders and other staff keeping them focused on the Company mission.
- Ensure that all staff in the department set annual performance targets in line with the company’s business plan and avail continuous monitoring and feedback for performance related decision making.
7. Operational efficiency and planning
- Develop policies and procedures that support the overall business strategy and ensure adequate communication.
- Continuously review processes and recommend changes that increase overall efficiency and effectiveness
8. Budgetary Oversight
·Develop the annual Department budget and ensure cost effective use of company assets and promote a culture of waste reduction
9. Networking and Liaison
- Provide inter departmental linkages ensuring harmonious work relationships.
- Participate and contribute fully as a member of the senior management team and in various committees for the common good of the organization
10. Bankwide AML,KYC & CFT
- In liaison with the MLRO, ensure screening of all staff recruited into the Bank before being hired
Facilitate the implementation of the Bank’s AML, KYC & CFT Training program.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Social Sciences from a recognized university;
- Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Strategic Management/Business Administration or Social Sciences from a recognized university is advantageous
- At least six (6) years’ experience in human resource management and Training.
- Senior Management Course
- A demonstrable ability to drive organizational value through implementation of appropriate and diligent human resource management practices;
- Have demonstrated personal integrity;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Problem solving , analytical and orientation to detail skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment;
- Has had a distinguished career in their respective fields; and
- Be computer literate.