The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
Duties and Responsibilities
The role is responsible for Revenue and Financial accounting, reporting, reconciliations, operations, compliance, preparation of budgets and implementation of funding mobilization strategies, depending on the section deployed within Finance Division of Corporate Support Services Department.
- Foster compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Responsible for KRA Financial Accounting and Reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate Revenue Accounting, Reporting & Reconciliation
- Preparation of the Annual and Revised Budgets for the Authority
- Ensure timely payment of refunds and remittances to principals
- Ensure adherence to Service Charter commitments and also compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA) with Agent banks and other principals.
- Development & implementation of Funding Mobilization Strategies
- Ensure effective planning, co-ordination, design, implementation and control of accounting systems in their section.
- Engagement with the National Treasury to defend proposals, preparation of MTEF estimates and other reports (as per request) for submission to the National Treasury
- Ensure coordination of Divisional operations and compliance to Audit, QMS, Team One, Board Committees and other Board deliverables & requirements.
- Coordination of Divisional Staff matters i.e training, development, transfers, rotation and team building engagements
- Facilitate prompt response to Customer and other stakeholder queries.
- Review monthly management reports for submission to Management and Board to facilitate decision-making
- Develop Key Performance Indices for the section and monitor performance
- Participate in negotiation on funding with the National Treasury and donors
- Participate in Project/program analysis, evaluation and selection
- Address Internal and External Audit issues relating to section
- University degree in Commerce /Economics/Business Administration or related field
- CPA or ACCA Finalist
- Member of ICPAK or any other equivalent professional body
- Computer literacy
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in an accounting or auditing department, three (3) of which should be at managerial level.
Competencies required for this Role
- High integrity
- Analytical skills
- Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Team player & Results oriented
- Good Presentation skills
go to method of application »
Responsible for development and coordination of HR programs and projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Manage the review of the Authority's Organization structures and updating approved changes in the structure
- Develop an effective framework of establishing the resourcing and workforce planning needs for the organization
- Manage staff establishment and workforce planning framework including vacancy forecasting model, to provide informed advice to the appropriate decision makers
- Support the development and delivery of HR business processes which focus on HR functions such as induction, learning and development, succession planning and performance management.
- Develop and implement broad organizational initiatives and support corporate change processes including preparation of concept papers, framework/strategy papers
- Oversee workforce analysis, staff mapping and distribution/rationalization
- Ensure job descriptions for all positions are regularly updated and maintained and advice managers on reviews of roles/responsibilities/specifications
- Ensure maintenance of staff establishment and organization/departmental structures
- Link HR management directly to the strategic plan of the Authority, and forecast HR needs for the future based on the strategic goals of the Authority
- Provide expert advice on the development of organizational improvement initiative to senior management
- Lead the design and development of new roles in the organization, to ensure they address the needs of the organization in terms of accountabilities
- Participate in the Workforce Planning Committee to ensure that decisions regarding the recruitment and retention of sufficient trained officers is underpinned by the analysis and data from workforce modelling activities and that all necessary information is available which enables appropriate decisions to be made.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Membership to a Professional Body – IHRM
Minimum of five (5) year’s specific and relevant work experience in the Organizational Development, two (2) of which should be at entry-level management.
go to method of application »
Responsible for Managing the Authority’s payroll and staff benefits, including reporting and ensuring payroll accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements
- Manage administration of all staff benefits
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and online filing requirements
- Oversee the maintenance of current employee data systems
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Produce reports for management review.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) OR CPA(K)/ACCA
- Membership to a Professional Body – IHRM/ ICPAK
Minimum of five (5) year’s specific and relevant work experience in Payroll Management, two (2) of which should be at entry-level management.
go to method of application »
The job holder is responsible for assisting in the management of Appeals & Grievance Handling in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary of appeals and grievance cases;
- Receive and forward appeal requests and notification letters to the Manager
- Oversee research, investigation, negotiation and resolution of all types of appeals and grievances.
- Maintain a positive image of the authority at all times;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare formal briefs and appears at hearings
- Work with HR colleagues in development of integrated appeal and grievance solution
- Ensure that all staff members know what steps to follow and whom to contact in case of a grievance
- Work with line managers to ensure compliance to labour and other statutes relating to staff issues
- Liaise with key stakeholders and external bodies shaping future policy in areas of employee relations and policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Department on cases of appeal arising from the disciplinary process
- Ensure performance and development of staff under their supervision;
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Review and update of the grievance procedure
- Assist the Manager in Planning, organizing, and directing the work activity of the appeal and grievance team which are consistent with the Authority’s policies and procedures
- Assist in Carrying out research, investigation, negotiation and resolution of all types of appeals and grievances
- Coordinate and facilitate grievance procedures
- Ensures safe custody that information and records are
- Conduct regular refresher training for current employees, updating them on revisions to the process.
Development of budgets
Responsibility for Physical Assets:
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provide oversight for all departmental physical assets.
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
Works predominantly in a comfortable environment.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least four (4) years’ relevant work experience, one (1) of which should have been in a supervisory role.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Public Relations
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.