If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Sql Systems Administrator Job Key Responsibilities
- Expert support of the bank’s SQL server databases and ensure their performance, high availability, backup, security and upgrades.
- Own the administration and maintenance of the Microsoft SQL database servers and MySQL systems.
- Management and ongoing technical support of MS SQL and MySQL databases.
- Test, implement and document changes to existing systems as per change management and business continuity practices.
- Plan and implement appropriate business continuity solutions for all SQL database systems and spearhead continuous testing of BCP with end users.
- Implement and manage SQL and MySQL upgrades, patches and releases.
- Test and review systems backups
- Facilitate transfer of knowledge and skills to other team members
- Provide first level support for assigned Application systems and act as vendor liaison for second and third level support
- Provide first level troubleshooting and support for end user hardware and software problems as logged with the service desk
- Participate in the acquisition, review and make recommendation for new or upgraded T Solutions as shall be needed by the business from time to time
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and other support units to enhance systems support capability
Qualifications for the Sql Systems Administrator Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or closely related subject
- At least 6 years’ experience in a relevant IT field.
- A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Data Management and Analytics or Data Platform certification
- MySQL database administration skills – MySQL Database Administrator certification is an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of T-SQL
- Good practical knowledge of SQL Analysis and Reporting Services (SRSS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Extensive knowledge of common web servers, in particular Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0 and above and Apache Tomcat
- Good knowledge of common web browsers – Internet Explorer 8 and above, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
- Knowledge of networking services – DHCP, DNS
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services – AD user and group management, Group Policy Objects
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and PowerShell scripting
- Working knowledge of hardware and end user peripherals
- Understanding of Oracle PL –SQL is desirable but not necessary
The above position are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
go to method of application »
Assistant Manager -IT Assets Job Key Responsibilities
- To perform deployments of new hardware in adherence to the Bank’s standards and best practice.
- Determine and enforce end user hardware specifications and configuration standards
- Receive faulty hardware from the end users, diagnose, repair and/or escalate to the vendor for repair as necessary.
- Research, testing and implementation of new hardware technology and related software as needed to enhance performance of existing equipment
- Carry out periodic audit of the bank’s hardware to ensure that it tallies with records held in the bank’s books and ensure that the bank’s data is eradicated from hardware components that are due for disposal.
- Ensure implementation of Business Continuity Process as per bank set guidelines and standards and preparation, documentation and maintenance of computer hardware assets inventory and management standards as per the bank guidelines. adequate
- Collaborate with other IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Participate in system acquisition process
- Create and maintaining best practice policies and procedures for business users; ensuring that there are adequate controls around that all service improvements are managed effectively and meet the needs of the organization
- Implement and adhere to regular systems maintenance policies and procedures, including change request mechanisms and update schedules to ensure optimum up-time and service availability
Qualifications for the Assistant Manager -IT Assets Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or related sciences
- IT qualifications such as MCSE, ITIL, Comptia A+
- At least four (4) years’ experience in relevant IT field.
- Practical knowledge of end user hardware and related peripherals
- Knowledge of mass deployment and support solutions (cloning, System Centre Configuration Management, patch management)
- Experience in Unix Operating systems
- Good knowledge of Network Services (DHCP, DNS, File Sharing) and related protocols
- Good knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
- Database management systems skills on MS SQL , MySQL or Oracle will be an added advantage
- Formal IT Assets Management Certification is a definite plus
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
Method of Application
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com . To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 5th December, 2016 Only short listed candidates will be contacted. NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6months old.