Payroll Officer at Stratostaff East Africa
Posted on: 12 January, 2017
Deadline: 20 January, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stratostaff East Africa
At Stratostaff we design, implement and manage workforce solutions for large, specialized or routine staff complements giving you the opportunity to focus on your core business.
Overall Purpose of the role is to: Based in the Nairobi Office, the person will report to the HR and Operations Manager.
In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Hold a University Degree in a business related field with an emphasis in Finance/Accounting and a CPA(K) or ACCA;
- Have at least 3 years working experience in Payroll. Experience in payroll outsourcing will be an added advantage;
- Project management skills & proficiency in Payroll Softwares, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and capturing data;
- Update payroll records by capturing changes in exemptions, allowances, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job title and department/division transfers, and any other changes that may occur within the month;
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages amongst other reports;
- Ensure employees are paid on time and their payslips are distributed by the last day of every month;
- Ensure that the statutory reports such as PAYE,NSSF,NHIF,NITA and HELB are submitted to the Finance department by the end of every month;
- Resolve payroll discrepancies after analyzing information;
- Provide payroll information when required and address any payroll related complaints that may arise;
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; advise on any changes required;
- Protect payroll operations by keeping all information confidential;
- Ensure that the company is compliant to all laws that relate to payroll processing;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attention to detail and Data Entry Skills;
- High sense of confidentiality and integrity;
- Working knowledge of a payroll software;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize;
- Effective time management with ability to work under minimum supervision.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 20th January 2017.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stratostaff East AfricaSimilar Jobs
- HR Role at Deloitte
- Administrative Assistant at Business Partner Consultants Limited (BPC)
- Group Head of Sales at Reeds Africa
- Corporate Sales Manager at Middle East Consultancy Services Limited
- Sales & Marketing Head at CA Global
- Job Opening at Nani Employees
- Junior Associate at McKinsey & Company
- Junior Sales Executives at Sheffield Steel Systems