We are an award-winning, for-profit social enterprise that is accelerating poverty reduction through innovative tools to help entrepreneurs and consumers in emerging markets gain access to capital. We are the proven leader in using alternative data to understand individual credit risk and create opportunity for MSME and consumer financing. Our mission is simple: to unlock the entrepreneurial potential of emerging markets by expanding access to finance for the un-banked. How? Our psychometric assessment technology helps financial institutions evaluate the credit-worthiness of small business owners and consumers who wouldn’t otherwise have traditional access to credit. This scalable, automated, breakthrough technology helps bring the developing world's most capable, yet previously un-bankable people into the formal financial fold for the first time, empowering them and their economies from the inside-out.
About the Position:
The Senior Consultant, Digital Financial Services leads our work with financial institutions across Africa and is directly responsible for the success of major financial institution partners as they implement EFL’s cutting edge tools. This is a highly visible role, which serves as a trusted advisor to our financial institution clients and has a direct impact on the success of EFL in the region. This individual will have a lot of responsibility for autonomously achieving results. This role involves making a direct connection between a customer’s strategic goals and how our solution is implemented. The successful candidate is passionate about making an impact, smart, driven, empathetic and a life-long learner. Using a combination of consulting, product management, data analysis and technology skills, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for driving our customers’ success in expanding access to finance to under-served households and entrepreneurs.
Who’s a good fit? Someone who:
- Can develop insightful understanding of the relationships between board-level objectives, departmental goals (KPIs and MBOs), credit process/policy, and how EFL is configured and implemented.
- Is a master relationship builder and dynamic communicator with a track record of successfully building rapport with executive client partners, and flexible enough to work closely with mid-level and branch –level staff to implement business process changes.
- Works comfortably in an autonomous, self-directed environment.
- Excellent ability to glean impactful insights through data analysis to evaluate outcomes and devise strategies to increase lending.
- Is a high achiever that is laser focused on exceeding customer expectations, offering valuable add-ons, and able to guarantee the quality of EFL implementation.
- Is driven to make a tangible impact and able to take both the macro and micro viewpoint.
- Has a sense of humor!
- Strategize, conceive and execute processes to streamline and scale lending for under-served markets.
- Internally serve as the voice of the customer and work across the company to improve our products and services.
- Partner across the EFL Global team to ensure successful implementation of EFL tools. Deliver a smooth implementation of EFL in the field; including testing, training, proactive troubleshooting and close monitoring to identify areas of concern.
- Evaluate EFL´s outcomes and present to partners; analyze and resolve problems together with the partner.
- Advise partners on risk, product, commercial and lending processes in order to help them get the most from EFL solutions.
- Responsible for helping the partner achieve their EFL-partnership business goals.
- Participate as a panelist or speaker at industry events as an expert in analytics, financial inclusion, as well as micro, SME and consumer finance.
- 4-6 years experience in a top-tier consulting firm focused on the financial services industry, preferably in East Africa.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MPP, MPA or relevant graduate degree).
- Advanced proficiency in data analytics, human-centered design, business model development, credit risk, or product management.
- Experience working and succeeding in developing country environments.
- Excellent skills in communication (written and spoken English), influencing, account management, and project management.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to translate analyses into insights.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 20-30% of the time.
- Organized and systematic with great attention to detail.
- Experience working with a start-up software company desirable.
- Basic fluency in a relevant East African language.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Entrepreneurial Finance Lab (EFL Global) career website on efl.bamboohr.com to apply