The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Grade: KRA - 7
The job holder is responsible for identifying and managing relationships, knowledge sharing, partnerships and collaboration between KRA and organizations at the EAC and international level to raise KRA’s profile and enhance linkages. The role shall establish, develop and maintain strategic relationships with all key stakeholders specifically EAC member countries and various bodies at the international level. The role entails ensuring strengthened relationships at various levels.
I. Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of an engagement plan in order to build and manage relationships and knowledge sharing between KRA and different stakeholders
II. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Initiate and develop the Authority’s engagement strategy.
- Establish support processes and structures.
- Lead in managing issues touching on KRA’s engagement at the EAC & international level.
- Lead in highlighting KRA’s role at the global level with an aim of projecting it in positive light.
- Lead in identifying and developing mechanisms for M& C to participate in in international forums and generate and document information about KRA’s role.
- Guide in gathering, documenting and sharing of information on KRA’s participation at the EAC & international level.
- Guide in developing and maintaining a database on activities at EAC & international platforms where KRA is involved.
- Guide on establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with key players at the EAC& international level.
- Lead in managing and establishing a coordinated interaction mechanism with foreign institutions, administrations and organisations including development partners on different issues.
- Guide on management of both incoming and outgoing visits.
- Lead in linking business units to relevant key players in at the EAC& international level.
- Lead in seeking and pursuing opportunities for KRA to network across the world.
- Manage publicity and correspondence between KRA and different stakeholders.
- Oversee planning, performance monitoring and reporting.
- Day-to-day operations of the EAC Affairs & International Relations Section.
- Implementation of a comprehensive annual work plan.
- Implementation of the organisational restructuring of the section.
- Setting performance targets.
- Ensure achievement of performance targets.
- Prepare employees in the section for the desired changes in the work styles, attitudes, and work ethics.
- Manage funds, property and affairs of the section.
- Administration, organisation, and control of the staff within the section.
- Implementation of the corporate strategy.
- Regularly prepare budget reports for review by DC Marketing
- Masters Degree in International Relations, Public Relations, Public Policy, or Corporate Communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferably Public Relations, Mass Communication, Corporate Communication
- Certificate in media management and mass communications
- Certificate in international relations
Membership to professional bodies
- Chartered institute of Marketing
- Chartered institute of Public Relations
Relevant work experience required
- At least 7 years work experience with 5 years in a senior management role.
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic management
- Excellent editorial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Work under pressure
go to method of application »
Grade: KRA 6
The incumbent will provide technical and administrative support in Human Resources Management and ensures efficient administrative HR support to Kenya School of Revenue Administration (KESRA) staff
- Advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices
- Proactive coordination of the flow of work
- Advice to the supervisor(s) on the status of pending requests and work deadlines and provision of proactive customer service to internal and external clients
- Advise personnel on specific and general inquiries about benefits and entitlements related to different contract modalities
- Liaise with regions for information and follow up on pending issues
- Set up and maintenance of reference files/records (electronic and paper). Entry, maintenance and certification of administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems
- Administration of Individual contracts, agreements and letters of appointment
- Input to further development of HR guidelines, policy and procedures onsultation with the direct supervisor and office management
- Plans and oversees the management of activities and programme of work undertaken, ensures that substantive work programmes and programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion
- Coordinates responses to human resources management audit reports, ensures implementation of audit recommendations and identifies any shortcoming in the application of human resources management policies and procedures
- Undertakes a review of the delegation of human resources authority framework to ensure that it provides an optimal response to the needs and capacities of field operations, and all delegated authorities are in line with current policy. Makes adjustments and revisions in accordance with changes in policies and mandates
- Carries out programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Section, including preparation of budgets, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on budget/programme performance, preparation of inputs for budgeting, evaluation of staff performance
- Recruitment and retention of diverse staff of the highest calibre, including staff with specialized talent aligned with priorities in KESRA strategic plan
- Prepares all documentation for recruitments and ensure quality control of documentation
- Provides technical advice, guidance and support to clients on recruitments
- To ensure equity, transparency, efficiency and consistency are established in the recruitment of staff, and the measurable results and impacts of recruiting efforts of the Section are fully evaluated
- Continuous analysis of diversity status, including gender and provide strategic support to increase diversity and identification of solutions or mitigating measures
- Provides Human Resources and career advice and guidance to candidates
- Monitors vacant posts of assigned level/group and ensures adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts
- Recommends guidelines on promotion and placement of staff
- Oversees preparation of vacancy announcements, reviews applications for submission to the shortlisting panels
- Arranges for interviews for selection of candidates
- Reviews recommendation on the selection of candidates
- Prepares job offers for successful candidates
- University Degree in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
Membership to a Professional Body:
Relevant Work Experience Required:
- 5 years as a HR Generalist in a busy organisation
- IT skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic planning
- Networking and collaboration
- People management skills
- Planning and coordination
- Basic financial management skills
Method of Application
If you fit the required profile please download and complete the Personal History Form and submit to the
address below to be received by close of business on 16th February, 2017.
Deputy Commissioner, Human Resources
Kenya Revenue Authority
Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue, P O Box 48240-00100 NAIROBI
Notes for applicants:-
1. Hard copy applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes marked “Application indicating respective position.
2. Applications may be delivered at Times Tower Building, Nairobi or sent by postal mail to the address above. Hand delivered applications will be deposited in designated boxes on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building.
3. Applications not containing the information stipulated above or those not meeting the prescribed criteria shall not be accepted.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to oral and or psychometric test interview. Only candidates who make it to the final selection list shall be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. For full details on the above positions including the application procedure please visit KRA website: www.kra.go.ke
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process. Canvassing shall lead to disqualification