Career Opportunities at WE
Posted on: 13 February, 2017
Deadline: 17 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at WE Movement
WE is a movement that empowers people to change the world. Take the WE Pledge to make a difference and a generous supporter of our organization will donate $10 on your behalf to development programs at home and around the world.*
Duties for the Operations Director Job
- Providing leadership on all administrative issues touching on management of staff, resources, procurement and logistics are well coordinated and managed.
- Ensuring that the SOP’s are being followed and put into proper use by the Liaison Directors, Managers and Coordinators
- Mentoring the operations team in their assigned roles and ensure proper strategy is put in place.
- Attending periodical meetings with all Directors and Managers to ensure smooth flow of operations and to provide advice and information to management and employees on best practices for the proper management of operations.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies, specifically, support better management reporting, information flow to all parties.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency in operations through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared towards operational excellence.
- Accountable for the planning and execution of all vehicle movements of guests and team members for both countries.
- Oversee Logistics, fleet management including repair and maintenance.
- Planning and organizing on the day to day management of all camps
- Recruiting, training and mentorship to the staff;
- Preparing and managing quarterly budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure; maintaining statistical and financial records for operations department.
- Dealing with guests complaints and comments;
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings; carrying out inspections of property and services;
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers to ensure quality and efficiency in all the different departments;
- Ensuring security of all premises and that we have the relevant equipment’s, trained staff to handle any security issues.
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws on health and safety, fire and safety. This includes organizing trainings for fire marshals and fire drills.
go to method of application »
Responsibilities for the Communications Manager Job
Trip logistics, coordination and execution
- Liaison with our headquarters office in Toronto who are responsible for all pre-trip coordination and post-trip reengagement
- Communicate all necessary details to operations team in both Kenya and Tanzania
- Facilitate briefings to all facilitators before beginning trip experience, and updating them of any changes that occur once trip execution has started
- Ensure high attention to detail for all trips requests and needs
- Oversee the logistics related to our trips and coordinate those details with staff and vendors with the assistance of a management team
- Identify areas for savings and efficiencies by maximizing our resources and vendor relationships
- Provide immediate support and guidance to facilitators to ensure the health and safety of trip participants
- Problem-solve escalated issues
- Ensure the Trips Standard Operating Procedures and East Africa Risk Management guidelines are adhered to by the East African team, fly-in facilitators, and all trip partners
- Ensure high standard of service and safety to participants including lodging, transportation, meals and volunteer experience
- Partial responsibility for 24 hour East Africa emergency phone
- Responsible for management of logistics and operations related to preparation and execution of ME to WE programming in East Africa
- Responsible for communication of logistics, including transportation, programming, bookings, accommodation, inventory, build site tasks, etc.
- Itinerary creation for Youth and Corporate & Family trips and customization based on client needs
- Work on an integrated basis with a variety of departments.
- Synthesize best practices and areas for growth within the coordination team- work with Directors table to ensure challenges are met with solutions
- Provide leadership, and logistical support to the East Africa trips team and fly-in facilitators who lead the trip experience
- Provide problem solving and logistical support to staff
- Ensure the support of executive team members, and all other staff visitors to East Africa
- Create a holistic educational experience that makes participants on trip feel safe, comfortable and connected to the idea of travel with purpose
- Problem-solve and support staff with escalated issues
Method of Application
We will consider applications on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send in your CV only and indicate your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 17th February 2017
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WE MovementSimilar Jobs
- Finance Officer at CIAT
- Administrative Assistant at Malteser International
- Career Opportunities at United Nations Office for Project Services
- Career Opportunities at UN Human Settlements Program
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at IMA World Health
- Country Director at CARE International
- Consultancy at Wetlands International
- Career Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services