Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
To ensure and maintain a healthy, safe, Secure and working environment, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirement of the customer airlines regarding cabin appearance.
Responsible for daily oversight for Ramp services delivery. Ensure an efficient planning of Ramp resources and oversee the overall delivery of ramp services at the HUB.
- Promote a positive safety culture.
- Pre-shift planning and adherence to the plan.
- Ensure that Company standard operating procedures and Customer Airlines processes are always adhered to.
- Ensure on-time departure without compromising safety.
- Support the various ramp activities and ensure delivery within agreed SLAs.
- Prepare and distribute daily reports for management consumption.
- Enforce high discipline among team member by leading by example.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Constantly review and adopt reasonable measures to improve safety and minimize risk and hazards at the ramp.
- Assist in performance of risk assessments and updating the risk register.
- Implement KQ WAY principals and best practices.
- Ability to lead, motivate and guide a team
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Good communication & interpersonal relationship skills
- High level of integrity
- Confident, decisive & proactive
- University Graduate / hospitality diploma or “O” level min Grade C+
- Computer literate
- Experience in airport ramp operations
- Previous working experience in hospitality environment, an added advantage
- Knowledge in Weight and balance
- DGR awareness
- Excellent Knowledge of KQ product
Interline and Tax
- Reconciliation of various General Ledger Accounts for the purpose of explaining entries and balances in the accounts and clearing reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Continuous preparation and passing of Journals and invoices in the ERP System to record various entries that are not captured through the REVERA interface Processing.
- Reconciliation of IATA form 3 billing summary to actual processed transactions and follow up and resolution of any reconciling differences.
- Ensure that all miscellaneous billing transactions are analyzed and supporting documents send to the relevant departments for approval and eventual expensing or rejection.
- Ensure that rejection debit and credit memos and processed in the general ledger account on a periodic basis.
- Ensure that variations in various exchange rates as defined in Revenue Accounting manual are analyzed and journalized / billed on a periodic basis.
- Running the inward billing, rejections and outward billing Interface Files in the Revenue Accounting System ensuring that they are processed on a weekly basis for the purpose of interfacing to the ERP system.
- Maintain appropriate relations with Interline Accountants of other airlines in order to ensure that they provide relief in case of out of time and erroneous billing on a reciprocal basis.
- Analyze and process billing invoices from/ to Non-ICH and non MITA / BITA carriers.
- Prepare cost centre budgets and periodically analyze variance between actual cost centre expenditure and budget explaining any significant variations.
- During audit, to handle both internal and external auditors on matters relating to revenue evaluation accounts.
- Correspondence with other airlines to resolve interline billing and accounting queries.
- Analysis and reconciliation of passenger tax suspense accounts and uplift accounts. The roles have an interlink with the Tax section on all sales and embarkation tax related functions.
- Monitor re-order levels and place orders for new stock to ensure sufficient stock levels at all times. The stock levels should always be re-ordered at 33%
- Receive and store revenue accountable documents to ensure safe custody and control at least 1 day of receipt.
- Process requisitions and dispatch revenue documents to users to ensure availability, within 3 days of the requisition.
- Update and maintain stock records to ensure accurate and reliable records for control purposes, within 3 days from receipt date.
- Ownership of assigned contracts, related to revenue recognition, revenue shares, billing and all other financial aspects to ensure proper accounting and invoicing. (Msafiri Magazine Advertising Simulator & General Cargo and Passenger Training Pro-Rate Share Billing Go-downs, ACHL Revenue, NAS, crew Commission, Royalty(Tourvest)
- Billing of third parties for rental, advertisement, training, duty free sales and other miscellaneous income.
- Prepare journal entries and analysis in the month end close process, including reconciling data points along the revenue stream and revenue accruals.
- Reconcile the revenue sub-ledgers and G/L accounts
- Computation of Override commission to the GSA as per SLA agreements
- Attend ICH disputes with great care to reduce to a minimum level any possibility of over billings.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Accuracy of accounts transactions.
- Timely interline billing
- Clean reconciliations.
- Level of rejections.
- Customer satisfaction
- Cost centre variance to budget
- No repeat audit comments
- Compliance with statutory and industry requirements
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Honesty & Integrity
- University degree
- Qualified accountant – CPA, ACCA, CA
- IATA certificate in proration and Interline Accounting and control.
- Advanced computing skills
- 5 years working experience in accounting
To manage suppliers’ payment process to ensure Kenya Airways gets favourable credit terms and continuous supply of goods and services.
To manage the company’s accounts payable ledgers and the proper accounting of expenditure in compliance with sound accounting principles and company policies.
- Maintaining good relationship with suppliers by advising them on their payment status and resolving all disputes to ensure smooth flow of goods and services to Kenya Airways
- To maintain proper records of all Kenya Airways Creditors across the whole network.
- Scheduling and authorizing payments of all legitimate claims against the company that have been incurred in line with the Procurement policy, contractual agreements and as per due dates.
- To receive all the invoices from the suppliers and ensuring that they are processed within 3 days of receipt to ensure all liabilities are booked as and when they are incurred.
- To ensure timely reconciliation of creditors balances to supplier statements and resolution of any discrepancies to achieve completeness
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly cash flow projections indicating how much will be paid out to assist in cash planning purposes for decision making on optimal utilization of funds in investment and borrowing.
- To develop, train and motivate assigned staff to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Review cost centre report and expense lines in the financial statement and advise management on any variances from the budget.
- Ensuring compliance with various Tax Authorities requirements and law on all payments made for both local and international suppliers.
- To ensure all the statutory, regulatory, leases and loans are paid by their due dates to avoid defaulting and being charged interest and penalties.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information to ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable ledger.
- Attend to internal and externally audit requirements in a timely manner.
- Work with Supply Chain Procurement department to ensure best payment terms.
- Assume ownership over the operation and certification of the controls around Accounts Payables function for Kenya Airways Group
Key performance indicators
- Creditor days
- Invoice lead time
- Supplier accounts reconciliation
- Accuracy of expense accruals
- Resolution of supplier queries
- Cost centre variance to budget.
- 7 years experience in years of professional experience in a finance profile focusing on Accounts Payable with at least 3 years at Supervisory role.
- Experience in the aviation industry will be of added advantage
- Exposure and knowledge of Strong IT supported systems in Finance, particularly Oracle Accounts payable.
- Strong knowledge of AP and “procure-to-pay” processes, practices, and control frameworks
- Understanding of Tax regulations in relation to supplier payments
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Financial analytical skills
- Communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.