To lead the strategy for the given category in terms of projections, imports, pricing, supplier negotiation, market analysis and inventory rotation.
To optimize revenue generation for the specific product line to meet business objectives.
- Ensure market share targets are met.
- Produce annual product & brand strategies for selected category which define market offer and positioning within your scope.
- Manage the existing product and service portfolio ensuring that financial criteria, customer needs are met and brand character developed.
- Fully understand the value chain for key products and investigate options for projects and partnership for incremental business.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure that new products and services meet market requirements and financial criteria.
- Produce an integrated annual marketing program and campaign plans.
- Implement sales promotions and marketing activities based on approved marketing plan.
- Have full product knowledge of assigned categories.
- Train the sales team as well as the dealers and salesmen in the market.
- Ensure sales strategies are in place to ensure sales growth targets are achieved.
- Ensure availability of spare parts in good time through communication with suppliers.
- Analyze market data for all the products – generate and present reports on the same.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with team and dealers.
- Keep abreast and be well updated on all competitor and market information.
- Forecast quantities for the assigned categories and ensure projections are up to date.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the product line up.
- Resolve any other issues pertaining to the assigned category.
- Abide by company procedures and policy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your Supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum qualification of a degree in Sales or Marketing or any other relevant field.
- Professional membership certification e.g. Marketing Society of Kenya or other relevant body.
- Previous experience in sales or marketing role of over 7 years, which involved projections, competitor analysis, supplier discussions and market planning.
- Extensive knowledge of the retail market sector and consumer electronic products.
- Understanding of latest marketing methodology and thinking.
- Extensive financial & value chain knowledge.
- Track record of team building and strategy implementation.
- Change management experience.
- Good planning skills.
- Good communication skills in terms of with supplier/customer.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Budget management skills.
- Change Management skills.
- Other behaviors critical for the role
- Leadership – strong ability to lead, coach, drive and motivate individuals and teams.
- Team work – ability to lead, contribute and operate with ease within the team.
- Delivery / performance orientation.
- The job holder must have well developed influencing capabilities.
- Must be able to prioritize effectively distribution of products within the region.
- Posses high drive and initiative.
Critical Success Factors and Key Challenges
- Sales growth – achievement compared to target.
- Market share based on sell out.
- Campaign management-Put in place a campaign calendar.
Leadership Competencies and behaviors
- Performance Orientation- Understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) and ensure targeted performance of the team is achieved.
- Customer Focused- Builds networks with key customers and stakeholders and gets information and insights about customers and their needs.
- Change Orientation- Successfully implements necessary change programs. Is Innovative and comes up with new solutions to existing problems.
go to method of application »
The overall purpose of this role is to develop and execute the strategic and tactical marketing plan for VON. Work closely with the business development team to ensure that the brand attains optimal brand awareness / positioning to drive sales revenues, market share, and profit margins goals.
- Drive the VON brand by ensuring that the appropriate structures and systems are developed in order to meet the strategic objectives.
- Assume overall responsibility for developing the annual marketing plan including the market research programmes, field force activities and the marketing budget.
- Ensuring all marketing activities are in compliance with the strategic goals of the brand and brand guidelines.
Operational & Tactical Marketing Activities
- Establish reports and communications system for all information from the marketing team to the sales team and act on feedback and requests from the business development team and co-ordinate CRM Database marketing initiatives.
- Prepare new product marketing strategies and plans in liaison with the product development function.
- Develop and constantly re-appraise all the marketing tools within the company to make sure they’re giving the company an advantage over its competitors.
- Analyze all marketing activities within the business that includes sales, customer profiling, demographics, marketing campaigns and generate effective ideas on products positioning and branch specific marketing programs.
- Co-ordinate the market activations and marketing events for the Consumer Business Segments.
- Drive Product Marketing Campaigns and Consumer Sales Promotions and manage the Consumer Loyalty and Retention Programmes.
- Oversee promotional merchandizing for all the consumer business segments.
- Ensure all the marketing artworks and other communication are in compliance.
- Ensure effective social media communication and usage.
- Interact with PR companies to drive maximum value.
- Support profitable sales and growth for strategic business segments.
External and other Publics
- To oversee market research activities and keep the business abreast with market trends and turn this knowledge into initiatives that deliver exactly what the customer wants and needs and meet the company’s retail strategy objectives.
- To make decisions relative to the selection, promotion, utilization, retention and compensation of the marketing team.
- To coach and motivate staff in the marketing department.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing or equivalent; MBA and CIM professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- 7+ years of Marketing experience in brand building,
- Internet and social media savvy in order to develop online marketing programs and campaigns.
go to method of application »
Financial Dimension of the role
The role is responsible for a credit control across a number of DBS served markets within the Africa market.
The role is a critical NSV influencer driving market daily NSV
It is also key in managing business risk related to stock, debtors and creditors that drive Working Capital
Cash Cycle deals with some 25.000 customers resulting in some 400.000 orders and collection of around 9 billion GBP an annual base.
Cash Cycle is also interacting with some 55.000 vendors treating some 550.000 invoices per year.
Africa Region comprises various markets. Current markets supported within Enterprise Operations include: Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Reunion, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Kenya incl. EAML.
Each market has specific nuances including: Market-specific Ways of Working, government regulations, different currencies, infrastructure challenges, local language requirements.
- Sees the bigger picture and understands the detail
- Works logically and pro-actively towards solutions
- Responds positively to direction and shows energy in delivering what is expected within own area of work.
- Is receptive to feedback and is willing to learn from mistakes
- Ability to effectively priorities customer issues and build on customer knowledge when making decisions
- Understands the need to be part of a high performing team and supports the actions of others to deliver this.
- Good knowledge of internal and external business partners
- Takes ownership for delivering on promises and speaks up when operational standards are slipping
Purpose of Role
- Provide world class seamless end to end OTC service to both Diageo internal and external teams
- Manage relationship with customers, with the markets and other Diageo Enterprise Operations teams
- Manage credit risk (monitor payment behaviour of customers and propose credit limit changes)
- Manage customer ledger (up-to-date information and overdue items)
- Customer engagements on: dispute management, waivers, banking approvals, follow-ups on remittance advice
- Review and resolve open items and reason codes
- Continuously look for process improvements to drive customer satisfaction and raise service efficiency
- Maintain customer documentation/process documentation
- Actively promote the CARM/Control agenda and adhere to controls/compliance environment and input to audits
Key performance indicators
- 91+ aged debt/7+ aged debt
- Cash collection (meeting target – overdue debt 2%)
- Texting and reason coding
- Customer service
- Releasing credit blocked orders
- Bad debt provision
- University or College degree and/or 1-2 years relevant experience
- Speaks English fluently
- *French for French speaking markets
- Has some financial knowledge or willingness to learn financial transactions
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is enthusiastic to solve problems
- Is a good team player and has ability to work independently
- Solid PC literacy, strong Excel skills required (SAP knowledge is an advantage)
- Is self-confident, accurate and pays attention to detail
Duration: Minimum of one Month
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.