INSO KENYA MONITORING Project
INSO Kenya Monitoring is a new ‘INSO-lite’ concept intended to support humanitarian preparedness and response in Medium Risk contexts like Kenya.
While operating with the same rigorous quality standards of a regular INSO mission, INSO Monitoring will offer a pared down service menu initially limited to:
Flash alerts and reports on all conflict and criminal incidents affecting our NGO community and on major conflict incidents and serious armed crime. We will no longer report routine crime or tribal violence unless it involves an NGO.
A monthly analytical report including data trends and mapping.
As with all INSO services, INSO Monitoring is only available to non-profit humanitarian & development NGOs (local and international) working to assist the people of Kenya.
The Country Office Administrator (COA) works closely with the Head of Mission (management reporting line manager) and will have the functional line reporting with Finance Manager – Horn of Africa and Human Resource & Administration Manager (HRAM)- Horn of Africa for their specific functions.
S/he will have the responsibility to protect the financial health and integrity of the project as well as Human Resources, logistic/procurement and administration functions within the Kenya Country office with enforcing appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies as per INSO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and updates from time to time by Finance Manager -HoA; providing timely an accurate financial data to enable project orientation, planning and decision; meeting the external reporting and audits requirements; orienting staff in financial and HR/administration management, audits and procedures compliance.
- Finance Management
- Oversees the financial record keeping; controls and reconciles the documentation, prepare the financial information to be uploaded in Sun Systems on the prescribed templates as per deadlines set by the Finance Manager - HOA;
- Sets up a secure filing system of the financial documentation;
- Gives a clear picture of the financial position of the project to the head of mission - Kenya budget variances on monthly basis;
- Submit timely and accurate cash requests to FM-HOA for maintaining an adequate project cash flow;
- Meets internal and external reporting deadlines; prepares draft budgets with exactness; liaises with donors and Finance Manager when necessary;
- Maintains healthy financial practices across the project; enforces finance working documents and trainings as needed to ensure staff adherence;
- Acts as a focal point during audits, timely enforces internal and external audit recommendations;
- Reviews and authorizes transactions within his/her threshold;
- Lead the accountancy documentation in compliance with Kenyan law requirements; reporting to local authorities.
- Assist FM-HOA and Head of Mission to identify and fix any gaps in internal control systems
- Human Resource Management
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of all INSO personnel and HR regulations (national and international) and ensure that all staff are aware of their right and responsibilities;
- To establish and maintain the CO Personnel, tax payments/deductions, statutory payments etc.);
- Prepare the monthly payroll of Kenya based staff and share with HRAM – HOA for authorization and submit to FM-HOA as per deadlines set by them.
- Ensure development and review of performance objectives of Kenya team
- Asses capacity building needs of staff and share the training & capacity building plan with Head of Mission and HRAM-HOA
- Lead in orientation and training of newly inducted staff on financial, administration and HR functions
- General Administration
- Obtain visas, work permits, residencies as required;
- Ensure compliance with national tax regulations
- Monitors compliance with local statutory reporting requirements;
- Facility and Asset Management
- Equips and maintains staff facilities and vehicle to the required standard;
- Functions as overall Office Manager ensuring smoothing functioning of offices in terms of services, supplies and consumables.
- Procurement and Logistics
- Where required, oversee proper implementation of the procurement process as outlined in internal regulations with respect for the division of labor and schedule of authorization;
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption;
- Maintain accurate procurement files and audit records;
- Kenyan National (local Position)
- At least 5 years of experience on similar position in NGO sector;
- Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, management or economics;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Fluent English (written and spoken);
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge;
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and practices;
- Ability to work with large amount of data;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to direct and supervise;
Key Personal Competencies:
- Well organized and capable to deliver work in tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A good listener;
- An effective communicator;
- Team player;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Quiet demeanor in stressful or crisis situations.