Oops! This job has expired. View current and similar jobs below
Read more about this company
Our client is one of the leading Healthcare providers operating within Embu town. They seek to hire a dedicated Dentist to join their team and take charge of their dental department.
Location: The role will be based in Embu
Salary: Highly competitive package
- Dental consultation
- Provide restorative, endodontic, periodontics and prosthodontics treatment to the patients
- Maintain a sterile and neat working area as per infection control guidelines
- Documentation of all dental care patients’ reports
- Manage dental and medical emergencies
- Educate patients on dental care
- Bachelors in Dental Surgery (BDS) from a recognized institution
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position
- Registration with KMPDB and this year’s retention certificate
- Ability to build relationships, a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Critical thinking skills
- Basic computer application skills
go to method of application »
Our client is one of the leading dental clinics in Kenya and seeks to hire qualified and experienced candidate in the role of Dental Technologist for immediate employment. The role will be based in Nairobi.
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal).
- Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone.
- Constructs prostheses by following the dentist’s prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient’s mouth by the dentist.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Other duties as may be allocated in line with this role.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the same capacity
- At least Diploma in Dental Technology
- Member of the relevant professional body
- Customer oriented
- Interpersonal skills.
go to method of application »
Our client is one of the leading dental clinics in Kenya and seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced person in the role of Community Oral Health Officer (COHO) for immediate employment. This role is based in Nairobi.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Screening patients, reviewing a patient’s oral health history and teaching appropriate brushing and flossing techniques. In addition, welcoming, comforting, and draping patient.
- Perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing.
- Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants, and apply topical fluorides and temporary fillings, teeth replacement, RCT.
- Use dental X-ray machines to take dental radiographs and develop the film for the dentist’s analysis.
- Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures; i.e. provide necessary help to the dentist, including mixing materials, trimming, and polishing dental casts.
- Diploma in Community oral health or equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Current practicing certificate.
- At least 2 years of relevant clinical experience.
- Good verbal communication skills – a good listener.
go to method of application »
Salary: KES 100,00 – 170,000 (Depending on relevant experience)
Reporting to: General Manager
Our client is a premier 4-Star Hotel in Kisumu. They seek to hire a mature and experienced person in the role of Food & Beverage Manager.
Plan, organise, control and guide the activities in the F&B department so as to ensure the delivery of quality service to the hotel customers and increased profitability for the organisation. Provide leadership and direction to the department
- Initiating and implementing the department’s operating standards and procedures for the smooth running of the department
- Ensuring the maintenance and the delivery of quality standards that comply with the health and safety measures for the department
- Managing the staff complement so as to guarantee its smooth running and efficiency.
- Managing the staff performance and career growth
- Resolving customer complains/ assessing customer feedback and corrects
- Giving guidance on new and innovative menu and services to meet customer expectations. Training on new men.
- In liaison with Food Production, manage the dining reservations in respect to menu, pricing and special packages and keep within budget
- Marketing the Hotel products so as to achieve the financial goals of the hotel
- Acting as the duty manager
- Addressing customer feedback
- Any other duties delegated by the General Manager
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing
- Team orientation – ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team (HODs) with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member
- People management – Ability to manage and develop people and gain their trust and cooperation to achieve results. Managing resources, people, programmes and projects
- Leadership – Capacity to inspire individuals to give of their best to achieve the desired results
- Customer Focus – Looking after the interests of the hotel guests and ensuring that their wants, needs and expectations are met/exceeded.
- Business awareness – Capacity to understand the business needs and priorities of the organisation and the capacity to identify and explore business opportunities.
- University Degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the hotel industry in comparable roles
- Knowledge of ISO & FSMS standards is an added advantage
- Strong People Leadership skills
go to method of application »
Salary: Highly Competitive
Our client is one of the leading clinics in Kenya and seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced person in the role of Clinical Officer.
- History taking, examining, diagnosing, education and treating patients’ common ailments at an outpatient or inpatient in the hospital
- Guiding and counseling patients, clients and staff on health issues
- Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive and promotive health;
- Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skill;
- Assessing, preparing and presenting medico-legal reports;
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery or Clinical Medicine & Community Health from a recognized institution with demonstrated experience of not less than three (3) years at grade of Registered Clinical Officer III.
- Certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers’ Council.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
go to method of application »
Reports to: The General Manager
Our client is a premier 4-Star rated hotel in Kisumu. They seek to hire experienced professional in the position of Housekeeping Supervisor. The role will be based in Kisumu.
Assume complete direction, operational control, and supervision of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments, Housekeeping Supervisor coordinates cleaning and maintenance tasks within an establishment.
Manages Housekeeping staff and ensures cleaning tasks are performed in accordance with management standards. Perform a variety of duties, depending on the job description. Controls stock levels for all Linen, Cleaning Materials and Guest Supplies
- Operates the department under his or her control in the most efficient manner possible through effective application and enforcement of company policies, the use of methods described in the standard operating procedures and use of sound management principles.
- The incumbent is primarily responsible for the cleaning of all guest rooms and public areas assigned to the Housekeeping department
- Accomplishes assigned tasks through proper training, motivation and supervision of all personnel assigned to the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
- Responsible for developing a cleaning schedule and assigning specific responsibilities to each staff member to ensure all tasks are covered.
- Responsible for raising Purchase requisitions for materials and supplies.
- Coordinates with the Human Resource Department regarding pre screening of employees, indicating staffing needs and qualifications desired of the personnel to work in Housekeeping departmental.
- Trains staff to correctly perform duties within the establishment.
- Develop plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned departments. Establish and maintain Housekeeping and Laundry scheduling procedures; taking into consideration percentage of occupancy, time and use of facilities, and related public areas and events.
- Organizing Housekeeping department using Housekeeping team concept, with each housekeeper cleaning room sections.
- Develop inspection program for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure proper maintenance and high standards cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
- Coordinate the operations of Housekeeping and Laundry departments in the hotel to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operations of the hotel.
- With the assistance of the General manager and Financial Controller, develop budgets for housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure that each operates within established costs while providing maximum service.
- Establish training programs within the department, which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
- Be constantly alert for new methods, techniques, equipments and materials that will improve the overall operations of the departments and will provide more efficient operation at reduced costs.
- Treats all employees in a friendly and cheerful attitude, giving proper emphasis to courtesy in contacts with guests and all other colleagues.
- Administer attendance control for all assigned Permanent and temporally staff in the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- Maintain strict inventory and purchase control over all controllable items.
- Develop job descriptions for all Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
- Serve as expeditor on special projects assigned by the General Manager.
- Communicate freely with assigned personnel, continuously passing on to supervisors and subordinates any information necessary to make them feel included in the overall operations of the hotel. If necessary, reassure the objectives towards which the hotel employees are striving for.
- Conduct employee performance appraisal on time, showing objectivity and sincerity. Employees should be personally counseled towards improvement.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Department and the General Manager concerning the termination of an employee.
- Maintain control of Linen rooms, Storerooms, new linen, and cleaning supplies, ensuring adequate supply and security.
- Be Responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast of daily occupancy and Banquets events.
- Developing personal plans to carry out responsibilities.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in the development of employees in the department and implementation of corrective action plans
- Hotel or diploma or degree in hospitality management or related field.
- Proven working experience in 4-5-star hotels as an Executive housekeeper/supervisor, more than 4 to 7 years of experience in this position.
- Up to date with housekeeping trends and best practices.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Opera/Fidelio POS).
- Well trained in setting up material control, and liaising with cost controlling.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company (also labor unions), and to make effective and arguable decisions
- Experienced in performance management very patient & able to train and supervise the staff within their department, and essentially being meticulous and precise.
Method of Application
If you hold necessary experience and qualifications for this role, please send us your application to email@example.com quoting the position on the email subject line. Applications closes on 30th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.