Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Ban...
The role holder will be responsible for supporting managing bank partners’ regional relationships, to ensure that the company achieves its corporate goals in terms of growth, profitability, customer service and the regional revenue targets as set. Also, to implement sales plans/actions.
Sales Management and Support
- Ensures All Britam Products cross-selling takes place in new and existing business across all bank
- Plans and executes exciting and innovative sales tactics for bancassurance Life retail sales.
- Identifies gaps/anomalies and develops ideas to rectify and improve performance by way of monitoring performance in line with set out targets.
- Assists in the implementation and repositioning of new product initiatives.
- Ensure that renewal business retention targets are met as per the different set parameters.
- Provides timely feedback to their supervisor on queries/complaints and sales statistics.
- Advises and shares best practices, tactics, and action plans with bank partners to close sales gaps.
- Provide quotations as and when required by the client’s/ bank partners within set out time frames.
- Acquire and retain profitable businesses in line with acceptable loss ratios.
- Ensure premium payment for all closed sales are within the company’s set credit control policy.
- Adhere to regulatory/ compliance and internal procedures regarding bancassurance businesses.
- Ensure maintenance of a healthy sales pipeline that supports new business on boarding.
- Ensure timely preparation of required presentations, sales pitches, and product write-ups.
- Ensure that stipulated reports are prepared and shared within the agreed timelines and in the format stipulated.
- Ensure that monthly expense reports are prepared and submitted within the stipulated processes and procedures.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related degree.
- Years of experience will be an added advantage.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships.
- Proven sales track record in the financial services industry especially insurance.
- Professional insurance/sales/marketing qualification is an added advantage.
- Highly organized, independent, and able to prioritise tasks.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and team-oriented.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance products.
- Sales and marketing management skills.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Strategically lead a function to service customers from a sustainable and growing customer base whilst increasing profit.
- Continuously configure and adapt the functional area to most effectively suite the future view of the business.
- Introduce new concepts so that they are adopted appropriately at the right time (manage the rate of change).
- Be in touch with the changing industry, customer needs and international best practice.
- Improve the efficiency of the function by appropriately challenging managers about operational and tactical issues.
- Ensure the function has the most appropriate people capability through effective inspirational leadership, people development, and optimized succession planning.
- Ensure clarity of expectations for individuals in the function and other stakeholders across the group.
- Ensure the development and establishment of appropriate behaviour and values (culture) within the function that aligns with the strategic direction and values of the business.
- Co-ordinate between functions and divisions to ensure optimization of the value chain and resources.
- Ensure alignment of strategy, objectives and deliverables within the function.