If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Poundworld is a British value variety store that sells most of its items for £1. The chain was founded in 1974 by Yorkshire-based father and son team Chris Edwards Sr. and Chris Edwards Jr.
The role offers an hourly rate of up to £7.20 for Sales Assistants and £7.60 for Supervisors.
With over 340 stores and exciting plans for many more, Poundworld are one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK. A private company with a multi-million turnover, we are a thriving business and a great example of a retail success story.
We are looking for confident, highly motivated individuals to join our new team as Store Assistants or Supervisors. If you are customer focused with a "can-do" attitude the possibilities for career progression are endless.
Our stores are fast paced with over 3,000 products, with a challenging and a constantly changing environment it is important you have the motivation and drive to keep up with our customers to deliver a great shopping experience.
As Our Store Assistant You Will
- Greet, assist and sell to customers
- Operate tills and handle financial transactions
- Merchandise and replenish stock as directed
- Assist with deliveries and stock handling as directed
- Undertake cleaning and housekeeping duties
- Continually develop an understanding of the company’s culture, products, ethical initiatives, other areas of business, and reflect this in everyday performance
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement.
As our Store Supervisor you must have the following skills and experience
- Coordinate department activities and special projects to ensure quality and meet timetables.
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Establish employee goals
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
- Communicate with other Supervisors and Managers.
- Complete human resource paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
These roles are perfect for someone who wants to grow their career in a rapidly expanding national company. No previous experience is necessary but would be beneficial, it is all about having the right attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Poundworld career website on poundworld.team.careers to apply