If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
This position will provide administrative support the Head Trade Finance/ Senior BDM Trade Finance on the day to day management of an assigned portfolio by providing credit analysis, portfolio management and customer service.
Assistant BDM Job Key Responsibilities
- To implement the Trade Finance strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth through the delivery of innovative and customized Trade Finance solutions and products to meet identified customer needs.
- Grow Trade Finance business volumes and revenues, and manage assigned client portfolio from deal origination, structuring, credit approval, through to contracting and placement while ensuring that the process is efficient.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Provide, professional client advisory services on all trade finance related matters.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Maintain proper and accurate records of all commodities taken as collateral for lending to clients under the
- Structured Trade Finance portfolio and reconcile records relating to commodities held under collateral management.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Qualification Requirements for the Assistant BDM Job
- University degree in a Business related area from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in CPA, ACCA, CFA or AKIB will be an added advantage
- Master’s degree in Finance or a Business related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ Corporate Banking experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within Banking in:
- Banking Operations
- Relationship Management / Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Product development and Portfolio Management
- Credit Management
- Trade Finance
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking Products & Services.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
go to method of application »
Legal Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Provide support to the business in the preparation and management of contracts including leases and other general commercial law issues.
- Contract Management: drive contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of negotiation process, review and contract execution.
- Intellectual Property (IP): register and maintain data/information on service marks, trademarks, logos for KCB Group.
- Handle disputes arising thereof (e.g. infringements of IP and/or Copyrights).
- Power of Attorney (PA) Management: preparation, registration, revocation and maintain data/information of the KCB Kenya PAs.
- Maintain data, records and statistics relating to contracts.
- Legal awareness training throughout the units, branches and subsidiaries of the Bank and thereafter formulate frequently asked questions after such training to cascade to all Bank staff
- Legal opinions and research: opinions/guidance to Head Office business units and subsidiaries and carry out legal research.
- Court Orders/KRA Notices Management: oversee verification of court orders and legal guidance on implementation and execution of the same.
- Probate Administration: oversee administration of probate accounts.
Qualifications for the Legal Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- A Master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years’ post admission experience in the legal profession
- At least 3 years’ experience in legal drafting
- At least 3 years’ demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
Method of Application
The above position is demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 13th February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
KRA Pin Card
Birth Certificate of self
Passport Photo (White Background)
Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
Certificates of Service as applicable