A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO)
has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 25 years. We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable. AMSCO grew out of the African Training and Management Services Project (ATMS), a joint initiative of International Finance Corporation (IFC), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and African Development Bank (AfDB). Specialties Talent Management (Management Placement and Recruitment), Capacity Development (Training), Technical Assistance Programmes
Business Manager will be responsible for overseeing and supervising a unit’s activities and employees and driving business through managerial related functions of planning, leading, motivating, controlling and organizing to ensure business operations efficiency and overall achievement of business expectations.
1. Business Development
- Analyze business and industry data to identify business opportunities.
- Co-ordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers
- Develop a business strategy to achieve both sales and financial goals.
- Drive achievement of sales and financial objectives by all within the business unit.
- Plan and provide monthly, quarterly, annual and long term forecasts.
- Prepare and present budgets and financial projections for the business unit
- Provide feedback, support and coaching to the sales team.
2. Business Operations
- Direct and coordinate overall operations of the branch.
- Ensure that the company’s assets are adequately safeguarded from abuse or loss, and fully utilized in the interest of the business improvement and development
- Establish systems and procedures that ensure that staffs are informed about the business directions and their expectations.
- Organize and manage business meetings within the branch
- Supervise all sections to ensure they are working efficiently and in tandem with overall business objective and ensure the business unit complies with company policies
3. Branch Administration
- Approving stock orders and supply management
- Determine staffing requirements and advise the Sales, Networking and Development Manager
- Forecast future stock needs and orders and ensure they are in line with financial goals
- Grievance and disciplinary handling for staff at the branch unit
- Handle leave management for staff at the branch unit
- Oversee stock control, stock levels and stock reconciliation
- Set employee goals and objectives and monitor performance using performance management system in place
4. Business Reporting
- Assess the performance of the business unit against the business’s goals and plans
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis
- Follow up on concerns raised from the monthly reports
- Prepare clear and timely monthly performance reports and proposals to the SND Manager
- Prepare reports for senior management and attend business review meetings
- Ability to attain targets & get things done
- Ability to develop subordinates
- Able to work under pressure
- Analytical & Reporting Ability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving & Delegation
- Strong Self Confidence
- Technical & Management Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree; Mechanical Engineering with a qualification in Business preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in a Sales Representative role; within industry preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of prior management experience preferred
The job holder will be expected to drive business growth through aggressive customer acquisition & customer retention, achieve sales targets and grow market share. Grow both new and existing business contacts
- Call, visit, and make presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, finance, technical and logistics teams
- Exhibit products & services to existing/potential customers & provide best solutions versus needs
- Maintain existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new dealerships.
- Plan and implement sales strategies with the help of sales team leader
- Prepare work schedules to visit existing or potential sales outlets daily/weekly/monthly.
- Product and technical knowledge
- Responsible for achievement of overall (individual and team) sales targets (monthly/annual).
- Regular communication with customers to increase customer satisfaction
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems and giving suitable solutions
- Preparing reports on customer feedback and market intelligence with recommendations
- Carry out customer education on importance of using genuine Subaru spares
- Manage dealer visibility through execution of their marketing calendar within company policies
- Debt and account management
- Credit management maintained within company policies
- Prepare and submit activity reports: daily call reports, weekly/monthly work plans and annual territory analysis updates.
- Undertake market analysis through competitor analysis (pricing, products, delivery schedules and merchandising techniques), customer need analysis, opportunity analysis, customer feedbacks and trends and recommend sales strategies/winning formulas.
- Continuous appraisal and development of the dealer network in the region to increase and sustain sales and profits
NB: Customer here refers to Dealers, Stockists, Repair Centers and Garages
- Sales driven and passionate about selling motor vehicles parts
- Applies out of the box thinking and sales strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Persistent and organized
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently
- Experience in dealing with complexity and giving solutions
Qualifications & Experience
- Problem solving and business development understanding
- In-depth knowledge of Spares Parts/Motor Industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable genuine interest in automotive industry
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering or a Diploma Mechanical Engineering with a Sales background especially selling automotive parts (2 years minimum).
- Basic computer skills
The job holder will be responsible for driving business growth through aggressive customer acquisition & customer retention, achieving sales targets and growing market share. The person will be expected to grow both new and existing business contacts. The position is a very hands-on role, requiring a highly motivated, independent, strong and assertive Sales Executive who has an outstanding record of sales achievement. You must be an enthusiastic individual who is motivated by job satisfaction and the desire to achieve outstanding results. To be considered for this position you must be a Sales Executive at present, in the automotive industry or with automotive experience.
- Close sales by overcoming objections; asking for sales; negotiating price; completing sales or purchase contracts; explaining provisions; explaining and offering warranties, services, and financing; collects payment; delivers automobile.
- Demonstrate automobiles by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features; taking drives; explaining warranties and services.
- Develop buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Enhance dealership reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide sales management information by completing reports.
- Qualify buyers by understanding buyer's requirements and interests; matching requirements and interests to various models; building rapport.
- Understand automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models; inspecting automobiles.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Standards of Performance Measurements
- Achievement of Monthly Sales targets
- Acquisition of new business to ensure sustainable growth
- Constant monitoring of trading margins to ensure targeted levels of profit achieved
- Maintain high levels of repeat business from existing Client base
- Ensure most competitive buying prices obtained through well negotiated contracts
- Regular and constant monitoring and analysis of competitor activity
- Ensure all quotations and proposals are of the highest quality
- Solve, or seek help to solve, problems of whatever nature.
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Scheduling & Telephone Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Listening & Verbal Communication
- Financial & Documentation Skills
- Customer Focus & Job Knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant degree holder
- Good knowledge of all Motor Sales Policies (Cash, Credit, Instalments’)
- In-depth knowledge of Motor Industry (new vehicles, used vehicles and parts)
- Mechanical Engineering knowledge is an added advantage
- Owns a car and holds a valid current Driver’s License
The job holder will be responsible for driving business growth through aggressive customer acquisition & customer retention, achieving sales targets and growing market share. The person will be expected to grow both new and existing business contacts.
Sales & Strategy
- Accurately forecast demand and trends to properly gauge the supply and types of vehicles to be sold.
- Communicate effectively with digital customers and walk in prospects according to their preferred method of communication, whether by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Develop a creative and successful strategy for every sale
- Ensure that every customer is completely satisfied with the entire sales experience
- Maintain an ongoing customer database to capture repeat business through the CRM system
- Maximize profitability on each and every deal
- Oversee and lead our sales team throughout the vehicle buying process.
- Placement and display of vehicles and sales materials.
- Provide support and lead our sales staff in retail/corporate deal closure.
- Thorough knowledge of all dealership products, services, features, accessories, etc., and benefits to customers
- Assist in managing vehicle inventory levels and pricing
- Ensure that all deals, paperwork, and data are completed according to organizational standards
- Properly handle retail related concerns and customer complaints.
- Attend or conduct product, sales training and sales meeting.
- Ensure sales force operates at peak efficiency in the automotive.
- Oversee sales consultant training and recruit and grow sales consultants.
- Set and meet sales and gross objectives while motivating sales team.
- Train, develop, and motivate a professional sales force and business development staff
- Ability to multitask with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrable history of functioning in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Self-motivated and competitive
Qualifications & Experience
- 2 - 3 years of Automotive sales -related experience
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering or Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Spares Parts - Motor Industry
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.