Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Read more about this company
KBL operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-currency environment. KBL operates within the East African region and currently enjoys a significant market share in beverages business.
This role works directly with the Asset care manager Site engineering Planner, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Head of engineering and very closely with the Utilities contracts managers, Supply teams, Engineering stores manager, Shift Technicians and the Technical operators. This role also has regular contacts with Utility Providers, Contractors, Equipment suppliers and consultants and Site safety
The company has undergone changes in its asset care policy through adoption of business centred maintenance (BCM) strategy focused on attaining maximum equipment availability and performance at optimum cost.
The role works hand in hand with the Mechanical Engineer – Utilities and Lead engineer – Brewing and Utilities in executing asset care performance objectives with kpi’s to address all key elements of the strategy.
The role are aimed at maximising the performance, availability and efficiency of plant and equipment; quality; safety and cost reduction
Purpose of Role
- To lead, manage and co-ordinate maintenance services to Electrical, Automation & Instrumentation Systems in Utilities (Engineering Services), UDV, Effluent treatment plants, Water treatment plants, laboratories and KBL internal warehouses.
- To lead, manage and co-ordinate maintenance services to Electrical, Automation & Instrumentation Systems in KBL/ Diageo specific externally owned and managed facilities.
- To Lead, Manage and coordinate site calibration and statutory requirements both with internal and external parties.
- Ensure calibration and planned maintenance operations are done in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Ensure breakdown/diagnostic maintenance is done as required in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Determination of annual specified and periodic maintenance budgetary requirements
- Recommend replacement and/or upgrading of equipment’s.
- Ensure records are maintained for all works carried out.
- Ensure safety and emergency systems are operational.
- Recommend direct procurement of spares that are not available in the store. Order spares and other items used within the section.
- Prepare digests for plant overhauls, maintenance and
- Responsible for Review & Action Maintenance Requests
- Ensure Maintenance plans are adhered to.
- Prepare malfunction reports, Create maintenance requests and confirmation of orders
- Track spares availability and recommend &implement upgrade of parts.
- Design/Implementation of modifications to the existing Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Systems to suit user requirements.
- Ensure quality procedures are planned, effected and documented.
- Ensure availability of documented Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plans for all automation systems site-wide.
- Provide interface between Operations and IS&T on issues related to MIS for Plant Automated systems
- Ensure agreed standards have been provided for the performance of all instruments.
- Plays a key role in all Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls implementation for new plants/projects.
- Maintain formal environmental and Occupational Health & Safety management systems that shall ensure effective management and continual improvement in Utilities.
- The job involves working on complex Instrumentation, Control & Power systems covering the following :
Fridge plant ,CO2 plant ,Steam Boiler plants, Compressed Air plant control, Water treatment plants, Effluent treatment plants , Old & New Warehouse outdoor and indoor industrial and domestic lighting, and weigh bridge systems
Laboratories and laboratory equipment
Electrical power supply plant including these sub stations: 66kv, 11kv Main, 11kv Packaging, 11kv Brewing and 11kv New Warehouse, Corporate Building and Stand-by Generators operation for the entire site.
KBL owned and managed facilities , internal and external to the plant
Decision Making Authority
- Decide on implementation of engineering and maintenance issues within agreed standards.
- Decide on temporary remedial measures and modification on Electrical & Instrumentation systems to sustain production while arrangements for permanent solution are being made.
- Recommend on the need for external/overseas assistance
- Engage contractors for engineering and maintenance jobs at the site on need basis to ensure plant availability and maintenance for maximum production.
- Freedom of action within company policy and procedures.
- Evaluation of the quality of spares supplied.
- Recommend stocking of non-stock items.
Key Performance Indicators
- Execution of maintenance activities to plan.
- Mean time to Repair and Mean time between failures of key plants and equipment.
- Delivery of Asset care strategy within Budget.
- Safety equipment is maintained at 100%.
- Achieving plant availability and Reliability in line with production.
- Essential spares identified and in stock.
- New installations/plants operate as per agreed commissioning standards.
- Electrical &Instrumentation Engineer on day-to-day activities in Utilities, UDV, ETP, Laboratories and New Ware House and laboratory and other facilities.
- Engineering manager on receipt of ordered services.
- Utilities Asset Care Manager in relation to shutdowns, maintenance, plant availability, breakdown maintenance and modifications.
- Quality Control Manager on Calibration and maintenance of Laboratory equipment; and on the quality system (ISO 9002).
- Shift Brewers, Packaging Lines Team Leaders, process technicians and Utilities Technical operators on day-to-day activities Fridge Plant, CO2 plant, Steam plant, Compressed Air plant and Water plant.
- Purchasing and Stores on purchase of spares and hiring of contractors.
- Spares suppliers on orders and specifications.
- Work with External contractors on commissioning of contracted new installations and supervision of repair/service and maintenance works.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, chemical and process or Mechatronics Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering.
- Recognized qualification in computer/information technology necessary
- Safety qualification – preferably NEBOSH certified.
- Certified High Voltage Generation and Distribution Qualification.
- Certified Energy Engineer will be an added advantage
- Certified Solar PV Tier 3 licence holder – will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years working experience in maintenance and calibration of electrical/instruments and control systems.
- Familiarity with Instrumentation and control designs.
- 5 years’ experience in Electrical, Instrumentation & Automation plant maintenance management.
- Familiar with networking components both industrial and office
- Knowledge of manufacturing SAP application
- Thorough knowledge of PLC systems (functions, hardware and software).
- Thorough knowledge in Instrumentation systems.
- Thorough knowledge of high voltage systems, Steam generation and distribution, Energised Air systems (Compressed air, CO2), refrigeration systems, and Lighting systems.
- Thorough knowledge of low – medium voltage Motors and associated switchgear
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawing and software listing.
- Knowledge of generators operations and interlock, systems.
- Electronic Instruments (functions, configuration, calibration, testing and fault finding).
- Thorough knowledge in Computer hardware, software and programming.
- Analytical problem solving techniques.
- Understand process control and performance measurements.
- Understand process and utility operations.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, HACCP, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards plus any other management systems that may apply.
- Adapt effectively to changing needs.
- Generates insights about what internal customers need in terms of technical training and development
- Able to think outside the box
- Thorough knowledge in Safety systems , permitting and SFIP protocol
go to method of application »
About the role
With a purpose to celebrate life every day, everywhere, East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is East Africa’s leading branded alcohol beverage business with a collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non-alcoholic drinks (ANADs). Kenya Breweries Ltd (KBL), one among our six subsidiaries, has been a leading brewer in Kenya since operations began in 1922 and continues to operate from our brewery, based in Ruaraka, Nairobi. We are seeking qualified and passionate individuals to fill the positions of Machine Operators. The successful individuals will report to a Team Leader and will be assigned to the production process for which their qualifications and abilities are best suited, either in the Brewing sections or Packaging lines.
- Efficiency of your assigned line, paying particular attention to quality, safety and productivity targets
- Carry out routine Clean, Inspect, Lubricate, Tag (CILT), Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) tasks to ensure equipment reliability is above target to enable full realization of production capacity
- Participate in training, coaching and continuous improvement exercises
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Food Science and Technology, Process/Biochemical Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- You have at least 1-2 years’ experience in operations and maintenance
- You have a minimum of ‘C’ grade in Mathematics in “O” levels
- You have the ability to take decisions within company procedures and policies as well the accountability that comes with it
- You have multiple skills, able to work across the other roles in operations
- You are able to take on additional responsibilities as and when required
- The ability to continuously learn and improve your competence is essential
go to method of application »
The RTC Development Services Manager is instrumental to ensuring that the business is optimizing the various stakeholders in the market esp. banks, service providers as well systems to support the current Route to Consumer (RTC). He/she will be responsible for driving distributor capitalization discussions; ensuring KBL distributors are accessing the best cost-effective services in the banking industry; Trade financing including retail financing, world class ERP systems at distributors and financial capability building in our distributor and sales teams.
The job holder works 70% office 30% field across all regions and works within parameters agreed by the Head of RTC, agrees working parameters with Divisional Sales Managers and has a high level of cross functional support esp. in Finance and HR.
Purpose of the role
To guarantee that our distributors are operating with optimal capitalization with access to affordable financing for distributors and retail, optimizing technology both DMS and ERP at our distributors, with proper financial capability and clear succession planning that will deliver a sustainable RTC model with KBL Safety and Health standards clearly embedded.
Route to Consumer
- Liaise with banks to provide Trade and Retail financing at the best rates.
- Management of all outsourced services in Sales – Finance, IS and HR as well as embed KBL standards at distributors.
- Optimizing technology at distributors and rollout ERP systems across all distributors.
- Financial Capability training and succession planning at distributors to create sustainable businesses.
- Work with the Divisional Sales Managers and Area Business Development Managers to drive distributor capitalization discussions and how to remedy any working capital gaps.
- Look for opportunities for value creation by negotiating services required by distributors and ensuring deployment at scale.
Gold Journey program coordination
- The Gold Journey is a Distributor programme towards attaining the required structures, standards and processes of a EABL distributor (World Class Distributor)
- The process guarantees that the right structures & processes are defined and updated from time to time to ensure distributors continually improve their level of operation to meet the defined EABL Standards. Working with other stakeholders including finance, sales and HR, the RTC Services manager leads and the setting of the trade terms incentive every year.
- Coordinate with selected 3rd Party to conduct quarterly audit across all distributorships and highlight areas where improvements are required.
- Help in training and drive awareness of the Gold Journey requirements with help of the RTC divisional managers to ensure that requirements are well understood and adhered to.
- Fully understand, articulate and drive awareness, understanding, ownership and commitment of the change at all levels – strategic, tactical and operational
- Prepare and ensure KBL executive Board alignment for change and the change approach
- Develop cost-effective change solution (communication, training and organisation restructure).
- Population of change management impact assessment (resulting from the project) on external and internal parties.
- Assist in translation of change impacts into clear and tangible action plans and ensure plan is followed.
- Actively manage stakeholder engagement from a program perspective.
- Provide support in monitoring and suggest actions to ensure 100% business readiness
- In conjunction with HR and other relevant stakeholders carry out organisation design and role profile review.
- Carry out project communication regarding the impact of the new processes/systems on internal and external parties.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years’ Sales management experience with a proven track record of success and delivery across different markets and trade channels.
- Demonstrated working experience with Distributors, Wholesalers and Retail Customers.
- Background in Finance/accounts will be an added advantage.
- 3 years Project Management experience, with a successful track record of delivery against project KPI’s and timelines.
- Diageo or equivalent Change Management Methodology and Implementation.
- Cross functional leadership.
- Keen understanding of culture and structure of the market.
- The incumbent must be able to influence people, able to rally people behind a cause, co-ordinate multi-cultural and multi-functional groups and create positive energy within the market.
go to method of application »
Job Description :
Reports to: Asset Care Manager
KBL operates within a multi-cultural, multi-national, multi-currency environment. KBL operates within the East African region and currently has a significant market share in beverages business.
This role is based in KBL Ruaraka Plant and works directly with the Engineering and packaging lead and indirectly with Brewing and Quality lead, Site electrical and instruments engineer, Site Mechanical Engineer, site Utilities & facilities manager, stores manager, Shift operations managers and the Technical operators. This role also has regular contacts with Contractors, Equipment suppliers, consultants and Site safety.
KBL has undergone changes in its asset care policy through adoption of business centered maintenance (BCM) strategy focused on attaining maximum equipment availability and performance at optimum cost. The role works hand in hand with the Engineering and packaging lead in setting and executing asset care performance objectives with kpi’s to address all key elements of the strategy.
The role does assist in medium- and long-term asset care planning in line with strategy. The ultimate goal is to embed the 9 BCM asset care pillars that will drive paradigm shift in the way’s assets are managed.
Purpose of Role
- The Planner is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes.
- The Planner manages work priority, develops job plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan
- Champion development and full utilization of computerized maintenance system- SAP in the department and continuous review and implementation of system developments related facilities as they become relevant.
- Develop maintenance strategy and procedures according to industry best practices and WCM in response to plant performance and failure
- Responsible for optimum use of SAP as a handy tool.
- Manage routine PM activities by:-
- Planning resources
- Manage spares
- Report against kpi’s
- Ensure Completion/closing (Teco) work orders
- Collate review and report all maintenance kpi’s
- The integrity of the SAP data base is key to delivery of results and role holder liaise closely with engineering lead to ensure plant and equipment is accurate and reliable.
- Tracking of all maintenance activities and bench mark against agreed kpi’s.
- Review R&M expense versus plan on daily basis.
- Ensure all new assets have planned maintenance schedules in ISO format and that schedules are loaded in CMMS- SAP.
- Identify training needs for both managers and non- managers and carry out training on SAP functionality skill gaps.
- Facilitate the development of RCM and TPM based tasks for plant subject to perfect plant processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree/Higher national Diploma in Electrical, Chemical and process, mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Recognized qualification in computer/information technology necessary. Where university education may be missing, several years of engineering planning plus demonstrated capacity to deliver the challenges can qualify for this role.
- 3 years’ experience in a FMCG manufacturing environment in an Asset care/operational role-Maintenance operations and planning.
- Sound understanding of CMMS, Engineering best practise Tools e.g. AMIS-Kaizen-six sigma, fundamental principles of reliability centred maintenance (RCM) and its applications in a manufacturing industry.
- Track record of delivery by aligning key colleagues behind a clear, shared vision for change.
- Expert in CMMS especially SAP.
- Highly skilled in computer applications and packages.
- Has clear understanding of machinery, process & KPI reporting.
- Thorough knowledge in safety systems, permitting and SFIP Protocols
go to method of application »
Job Description :
Regional Spirits & RTC Development Manager
Reports To: Head of Sales; Spirits & RTC Development
The Diageo Sales vision is to become the best performing most trusted and respected Consumer Packaged Goods company in the world and in every market we operate. Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’, winning big and beating the competition. This along with putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. The Regional Spirits & RTC Development Manager role is critical in delivering this vision with specific focus to Spirits and Route to Consumer Development in the Kenyan market.
KBL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrance of new players in the total adult beverage category. Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocs allowing in-flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach especially in Spirits. The nature of competition is complex with established players operating within a market that has regulatory challenges. The RTM chain is long, uncontrolled and competitive with margins being key deciding factor for listing. In some channels, the RTM is not well defined and needs to be developed so as to reach the consumer.
The Spirits Market is highly fragmented with many small players who are regionalised, launching and withdrawing their brands at will. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
The KBL mission is to grow spirits market share from 47% to 70% by 2022. KBL has 96% volume share of beer market, and hence more skewed to beer across the value chain. There is thus need to prioritize Spirits The national distribution structure within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to KBL's spirits delivery of both volume growth and market share.
- Be authentic: consistency in own behaviour, treat others fairly, show courage in the face of opposition, adapt to changing business needs and work with integrity:
- Consistently deliver great performance EDGE: be action oriented, set priorities, drive for results and create collaborative relationships
- Connect to the Diageo purpose: reinforce the Diageo values, generate excitement and passion about our brands and take personal responsibility for brand quality
- Find solutions: creativity & decision quality, problem solving & process management and demonstrates commercial acumen
- Grow yourself: builds self-awareness and listens, learns from both experiences of success and failure, constantly works for self-improvement and proactively seeks feedback from others.
Purpose of Role:
- To drive spirits and RtC strategy across KBL value chain by building a world class route to consumer system.
- To create advantaged Route to Consumer in all markets, focusing on salesforce effectiveness, distributor management, advantaged trade terms, commercial plans and demand forecasting.
- Ensure brilliant execution of our customer and consumer programmes and therefore transform Route to Consumer in order to establish this as an area of competitive advantage and a key enabler to the achievement of both our Marketing and Sales Strategy to deliver NSV and OP objectives.
- To ensure we win in market, now and in the future, Diageo needs inspired, motivated and equipped commercial managers capable of exceeding the goals asked of them.
- This is a commercial position aimed at building Spirits & RTC Development knowledge and awareness and adoration within the sales-forces as well as key stakeholders, driving and inspiring customer loyalty and demand, which will in turn transform into consumer demand.
- Own, develop and drive the relationships and commercial agenda through influencing customers – this is a customer facing role.
- Develop customer management capability
- Deliver breakthrough business performance through influencing and working with others
- Identify and manage Spirits distribution (listing) opportunities as defined for the fiscal year.
- Overarching role is to drive sprits strategy across KBL value chain.
- Sizing up the Net revenue Management opportunity in a bid to drive a mix that positively impacts on the profitability of the business
- To develop a proper spirits RTM leveraging on our strong beer distribution channel and propose deliverable actions, plans and initiatives to accelerate growth.
- Increasing coverage and distribution to Gold Distributor standards.
- Implementing distributor operational effectiveness to required standard (warehousing stock management)
- Reviewing distributor performance on Distributor Management System to gain insights and target impactful activities with desired Return on Investment (ROI)
- Own the regional spirits P&L by driving category growth and mix
- Drive contact with regional KBL distributors and top spirits wholesalers. Holds regular business reviews with key distributors focusing on growth drivers as stipulated in the gold standards.
- Develop and implement a Capability training program for the Distributor Leadership Team on Commercial, Finance, HR, Supply & IS.
- To initiate and take leadership in implementing motivating incentives to the distributor teams to support new route to market for spirits to deliver exceptional results for spirits.
- To build productive working relationships with customers (Internal and external) and regional field sales team
- Propose and Influence a winning pricing strategy and engage brand assurance to tame contra brands and counterfeits.
- Gather insights on prevailing market trading terms, analyze retail audit data to grow Numeric distribution, implement tactical and strategic plans to beat competition.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least 5-8 years FMCG experience gained across commercial and other functions with a Strong track record in People Management & / or commercial roles within a consumer goods environment.
- Well-developed commercial awareness and customer focus.
- High cognitive ability, Deep Analytical and critical thinking skills
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Trade and/or brand strategy development
- Trade marketing development
- Customer engagement
- Logistics/ supply chain management
- Account management
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Motivating, coaching and developing people
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, external suppliers and commercial partners
- Effective communication and presentation
- Negotiation and influencing
- Project management
Key Success Factors
The most important metrics by which successful performance will be judged are:
- Overall numeric and weighted distribution performance
- Product availability/ distribution targets
- Customer satisfaction targets
- Achievement of target contracts
- Quality and competence of our RTC execution partners
Additionally, shares accountabilities with others in terms of:
- Sales volume
- Market share
Portfolio financials (e.g. P&L, margin)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.