The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee a team of staff and take responsibility for the smooth running of the hotel, its occupancy levels and also its profitability.
• Effectively managing the daily operations of the Hotel.
• Planning and organizing accommodation, conferences, workshops & mass feeding.
• Promoting and marketing the business.
• Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure.
• Maintaining and understanding statistical and financial records for audit.
• Setting and achieving sales and profit targets and bench-making.
• Analyzing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies.
• Recruiting, training and monitoring staff through their team leaders.
• Planning work schedules for individuals and teams.
• Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
• Working closely with contractors and suppliers.
• Carrying out inspections of property and services.
• Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in hotel, business or hospitality management.
• At least 3 to 5 years’ experience working for a three – star type of hotel.
• Must possess strong leadership and motivational skills.
• Strong oral / written communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Basic computing and filing skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Very effective organizational skills.
• Effective written communications skills.
• Ability to interrogate procurement documents as well as LPO’s.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the regional services team, as well as managing the change and support requests raised by the regional customers and also those assigned from other regional teams.
MUST be French speaking.
• Management of all customers, including tasks like: Retail Enablement & Billing Software Patch Installation, Testing of services and Operating Patching.
• Review of customer backups procedures.
• Manage support tickets/issues.
• Respond to customer queries in a timely fashion and in accordance with any support agreements or SLA’s that may be in place.
• Meeting support contracts SLA’s.
• Monthly customer and management reports.
• Monitoring and managing supported environments.
• Comply with all company policies.
• Undertake all work in a safe manner and follow all company and workplace health and safety procedures.
• Identify new hazards and advise manager or workplace H&S representative/coordinator.
• Accurately report incidents and accidents to manager or workplace H&S representative/co-ordinator.
• Ability to work and manage team members remotely.
• 5+ years of customer support.
• 3+ years of hardware support.
• 3+ years of software support.
• Experience with Oracle, Redhat and Java.
• Working knowledge of Unix.
• Working knowledge of SQL.
• Ability to think conceptually.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Availability to travel.
• French speaking.
The ideal candidate must have experience in payables.
• Creditors processing.
• Correspondence with creditors.
• Quick books updates and preparations.
• Filing of documents.
• Writing cheques.
• Handling debtors.
• Processing of Petty cash for farms & head office.
• Preparing VAT schedule.
• KRA for submitting PAYE/VAT and other taxes.
• Preparing credit card payments etc.
• CPA K | ACCA.
• Degree in Accounting an added advantage.
• Experience of not less than 3 yrs.
• Able to work under pressure with minimal or no supervision.
• Team player.
The ideal candidates must have international experience and be Gujarati/Punjabi/Hindi speaking.
• Prior experience drafting and implementing HR policies and systems.
• Experience composing and implementing training and development systems.
• Benefits and compensation management experience.
• Organizational design and recruitment implementation experience.
• Good working knowledge of Kenyan labour laws, legal procedures, and government regulations.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
• Having an MBA will have an added advantage
• Must have organizational design and recruitment implementation experience
• Must have over 7 years working experience, 3 of which must be in a senior management role.
• Must have worked in an organization with over 1000 employees.
• Must be competent in use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role reports to the HR Manager with this International Company. They are the partner to front line managers, coaching, guiding and supporting them in all aspects of HR tasks. Such as training, recruitment, employees relations and performance management.
• Develop a close working relationship with managers, supporting them through coaching and advice.
• Support managers with performance management.
• Line manage two team members and support their development
• Deal with complex queries on the application of policy / pay procedures
• Build relationships with union representatives and work with them in taking forward policies.
• Liaise with the Occupational Health department and managers to provide effective management.
• Support and encourage a culture of employee engagement within employee surveys.
• Support the HR Manager in the production of HR information direct to line managers.
• Results Planning: The ability to focus oneself and others on achieving specific outcomes.
• Decision Making: Analyses and uses evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well reasoned decisions.
• Change Orientation: Drives and creates a culture of innovation and change, constantly striving to improve themselves.
• Team Work: Good team-working philosophy, have high attention to detail and good organisational skills
• Communication Skills: Demonstrates respect for the opinions of others, keeping people informed & up to date.
• Leadership: Establishes a strong vision in order to build a sustainable high performing culture across the organisation.
• Problem Solving: Ability to make recommendations to resolve problems or issues.
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.