Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
The Marketing & Enrollment Manager coordinates;
- All aspects of market research.
- Brand compliance and monitoring.
- Campaign design and evaluation.
- Product development.
- Content strategy.
- Digital outreach.
- Public relations.
- Sales and new market feasibility testing.
Success in the role will be measured by:
(i) evidence of increased positive market visibility and stakeholder engagement; and
(ii) numbers of enrolled and paid-up students.
The incumbent will:
- As member of the senior management team, contribute to the overall business strategy for all business lines for the Group, including special initiatives, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Keep up-to-date with industry, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
- Perform ongoing competitive market research and positioning to aggressively drive enrolment.
- Continually scan the environment for potential opportunities for new products and partnerships.
- Lead and monitor digital content development, tracking and evaluation.
- Establish systems and processes for lead generation, tracking, closing and evaluation.
- Negotiate and close sales with support of the marketing team.
- Deliver effective communications campaigns differentiated for various stakeholders.
- Lead development, delivery and distribution of exceptional marketing collateral (including social media)
- Support all defining transactions (market testing/entry, joint ventures, acquisitions, etc.)
- Develop long-term professional relationships with existing, new and potential clients.
- Identify and build a long-term active pipeline, including both existing and potential markets.
- Develop and execute tools and processes to strengthen sales outreach and support function.
- Represent the Company at industry events, in Kenya and globally.
- Establish and grow relationships with local, regional and international media.
- Lead brand development, monitoring and compliance.
- Plan and manage training and marketing events.
- Create and monitor market share and other performance metrics.
- Build, train, mentor and motivate a business development team supported by a sales force.
- Supervise suppliers and subordinate staff and support peers and seniors as needed.
- Any other tasks assigned.
- The ideal candidate should have over 10 years’ experience, demonstrating experience in growing market penetration and sales volumes for new products.
- S/he holds an MBA and/or professional marketing credentials and has exposure to global best practice in higher education marketing.
- Formal training in marketing and business development
- Selling and closing skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office
- Excellent spoken and written Business English
- Strong work ethic, integrity, initiative and attention to detail
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and strategic skills
- Polished professional appearance and demeanor.
go to method of application »
- Financial – Oversee the Company’s finances, including the budgeting and cash flow management process. Generate financial statements and data. Record and analyze financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Oversee asset and manage liabilities. Develop and monitor realistic annual financial goals, budgets and plans and make decisions consistent with those goals and plans approved by the Board. Lead financial correspondence, negotiations and transactions, including interface with bankers and investors as well as debt management.
- Risk Management – Develop and enforce comprehensive risk management policies and work plans. Ensure timely and thorough regulatory compliance including tax, companies’ registry and educational oversight bodies. Establish and monitor adherence to external and internal rules, regulations and procedures. Ensure that legal, financial and other documentation is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Corporate Finance – Coordinate inputs, investment analysis and transaction support for the Company’s defining transactions, eg. acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, capital-raising and listings.
- Strategic Input and Planning – Liaise continually with Board and section leads. Lead the development of annual strategic plans, workplans and budgets and cascade the same into operational plans and Key Performance Indicators.
- Performance Management – Monitor the workings of various departments in the organization towards achievement of strategic objectives. Lead follow-up on weekly, monthly and quarterly commitments to ensure performance targets under the annual strategic plans are met. Develop and monitor performance metrics at company, department and individual levels. Continuously improve the systems and processes of the Company towards efficiency, integrity and “flawless execution”
- Coordination and Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Corporate Governance – Own the Board Calendar and Board Pack, scheduling and attending Board meetings and ensuring each Board meeting is run productively and according to best global practice. Prepare and present detailed management, program, and financial reports to the Board. Oversee execution of the Matters Arising action log and reporting thereon. Ensure the board is aware of all pertinent issues on a timely basis and facilitate communication between board and staff as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Over 8 years’ progressive experience in a finance, accounting or operations management role, preferably in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- College degree in business administration, commerce or management, change management or operations management
- Professional qualification in accounting or investment required
- Experience in leading organizational efficiency/effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of human resources, IT, legal and risk management principles and practices
- Project management qualification, post-graduate degree and international training and work experience strongly preferred
go to method of application »
1. JOB PURPOSE
To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives through a comprehensive internally consistent and mutually supportive marketing plan. To formalize these marketing strategies within a specific plan of action which is constantly monitored, revised and updated to improve the quality and quantity of the results derived from such marketing campaigns. Effective management of all the marketing activities / campaigns to include the 7 P’s of marketing, brand management and all other activities of the organisation. The objective is to improve and increase the qualified lead funnel by increasing lead generation methods and effective qualification procedures.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, while other duties may be assigned thereafter:
a) Research and Analysis
- Research consumers and clients to profile consumer needs with a detailed consumer analysis.
- Research markets linked with the consumers above to understand market trends, sizes and the key competetive factors with a detailed market analysis.
- Research every competitor in every product segment to be able to create an objective SWOT to compare the company with the competition, evaluate the competitor’s market share, develop a perceptual mapping and positioning of our product against the competition with a detailed competitor analysis.
- Review the different distribution channels available to us, the profit distribution in each channel and the power of such channels to dictate terms with a detailed distribution channel analysis.
- Conduct regular research and evaluate analysis on the above 4 disciplines, to ensure that the strategies and action plan developed remain relevant and effective and/or new or change in strategy or action plan is required.
b) Marketing Mix
- Develop, implement, communicate and monitor, through an action plan derived from the research and analysis, the marketing mix i.e. the 7 P’s of marketing which are Product, Place, Promotion, Price, People, Process and Physical Presence.
- With product, establish the fit of the product with the rest of our product range, differentiate our product to create a positioning and perceptual mapping, determine the product in its life cycle and identify the products that we need to manufacture or import.
- With place, determine the distribution strategy and the channels to be used through the distribution channel analysis to satisfy addressibility, and POS, displays, display stands, samples, online etc. to address visibility.
- With promotion, establish the best medium of communicating with our clients and consumers through advertising, personal selling, sales promotions, PR & publicity (to include fairs, exhibitions and events) and direct marketing (to include social media). Develop, implement and monitor these mediums and explore new channels to communicate our brand image and message.
- With price, advise management and the sales team on the approach to be considered.
- With people, ensure regular training and understanding within all departments and staff, of the marketing message we want to spread across and the perception of our brand image that we would like to construct. Develop, implement and monitor all points of human contact with the outside world are consistent with our intended message.
- With process, ensure that the entire experience of the outside world, that starts from the moment they discover of our company and lasts through to purchase, after sales service and beyond, is consistent with the brand image we want to create and the message we want to communicate. Develop, implement and monitor the entire process the outside world would be likely to experience and ensure it is consistent with our intended message.
- With physical presence, ensure all points of our visibility to the outside world, is consistent with the brand image we want to create and the message we want to communicate. Develop, implement and monitor these points of visibility, the outside world would be likely to witness and ensure it is consistent with our intended message.
c) Brand Management
- Develop, implement and manage the brand image and message that is consistent with our mission, vision and value statement.
- Monitor and improve the brand image and message periodically to ensure consistency but necessary change with the market requirement.
- Ensure the marketing mix is updated with the brand image and message of the time.
- Build brand reputation and brand equity within the market to increase market share and brand loyalty constantly.
- Regularly train all members of staff on what our brand stands for, the importance and how to manage brand reputation, brand equity and brand loyalty.
- Increase brand value steadily to strengthen our brand awareness.
d) Economics and Management Reports
Create a budget for the entire plan developed a) – c) above to include quantifiable results and costs (both fixed and variable).
- Evaluate the break-even points and the pay back period of our investment and whether it is viable?
- Develop and monitor individual metrics to capture and evaluate the results derived from each individual element from the research and marketing mix employed.
- Continuously improve and change to ensure cost effective solutions are employed.
- Compare the actual results and costs to the budget and show the variances.
e) Marketing Plan
- Based on a) -d) above create the Company Marketing Plan
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the relevance of the marketing plan
- Marketing plan should be developed for a period of 5 years and reviewed on an annual basis
f) Lead Generation
- Continuously increase Qualified Lead Funnel with larger deal sizes.
- Develop different lead generation methods and create metrics for each individual method to monitor its effectiveness.
- Differentiate the lead generation and qualification into Seeds, Nets and Spears
- Seeds (customer success) are many-to-many campaigns, based on word of mouth and relationships. Basically referrals, high upsell, high cross-sell and high repeat business.
- Nets (inbound marketing, growth hacking) are one-to-many marketing campaigns.
- Spears (outbound prospecting) are targeted outbound prospecting or business development ideally by a dedicated prospector(s).
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Seeds are, Account Management Activities, Referral-Sourced Pipeline, Revenue from Cross Sells, Upsells and Repeat Orders and Churn Rate (both Logo Churn and Revenue Churn) etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Nets are, Marketing-Sourced Lead Trajectory, Lead Velocity, Marketing-Qualified Leads and Opportunities over Time, Opportunity Creation by Campaign and Pipeline Contribution from Nets etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Spears are, Number of Activities, Sales Activity Efficiency Ratios and Activity Results vs Activity Goals etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Leads Downstream are, Win Rates by Source, Sales Cycle by Source and Average Deal Size by Source etc.
g) Lead Qualification
- Each and every lead must be qualified, to ensure we are investing our time and resources into the right potential customer, using the N.U.B.I.T system which stands for Need, Uniqueness, Budget, Influence level and Timeline.
- Need: It is important to have a high-level overview of the big challenges or requirements that our prospect is facing to ensure that there is a need for our product and service.
- Uniqueness: Are we the only supplier or solution provider or are they also looking at other solutions or solution providers.
- Budget: Does the potential customer have a budget to engage in our solution and can we provide an alternate solution that fits into their budget without compromising on the quality of work.
- Influence level: Who are the actual decision makers so that we convince them of our solutions.
- Timeline: When are they looking to employ our solution.
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNT-ABILITIES
Other Principal Accountabilities:
- As the Primary in the Sales Process, the Marketing Manager will work together with the Sales Co-ordinators and Inside Sales Team and will ensure that the Sales Funnel has enough qualified leads to generate set target meetings for the Business Development Manager
- Use the full range of both offline and online methods to generate these Sales Leads.
- Responsible for the direction, design production and distribution of all Marketing publications
- Provide support to Sales in a variety of areas including expos,product launches, customer incentives and any other marketing startegy to increase revenue.
- Follow all company policies and notify of any concern that may affect work area or company property.
4. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (COMPETENCIES REQUIRED)
a) Educational Credentials.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Sales & Marketing or other relevant business related field.
b) Work Experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
c) Language Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, read and write effectively; in English and locally spoken languages.
d) Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills.
- MS Office Package.
e) Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a multi-gender, multi-national work team; whilst displaying particular sensitivity towards cultural and ethnic differences.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and anticipate operating environment.
f) Competencies Required
- Critical thinking-Able to observe, analyze and determine the relevance and validity of the different situations occurring in the business market.
- Research oriented – Able to dig for and gather information in all platforms, both online and offline.
- Attendance / Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Commits to long hours of work when necessary, in order to fulfil organisational requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills Required – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Highly pro-active, disciplined and well organised.
- Teamwork Spirit – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Gives and welcomes feedback, while contributing to build a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Organisational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organisation’s goals and values.
- Dependability – Capacity to handle a heavy work volume and multiple priorities. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Strong multitasking skills.
- Ethics – Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organisational values and maintains confidentiality (particularly in relation to the auditing process).
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will nurture and grow a new 3D printing business in Kenya. This position is based in Nairobi, but with responsibility to oversee sales and staff in Nairobi and Mombasa.
- Develop and foster the sales pipeline
- Implement the Sales plan
- Carry out demos and speak about 3D printing
- Support the technical staff as needed
- Meet with potential clients and customers
- Maintain healthy sales of product mix of 3D printers and services
- Develop new channels for business
- Nurture and sustain partnerships developed
- Track sales and report to management
- Follow up on lead generation from marketing activities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a direct sales position
- Managing a team
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience
Competencies & Skills:
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage themselves
- Positive and enthusiastic to do work in a new industry
- Dependable, hardworking and persistent
- Excellent in planning and organising
- Building relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Own vehicle (fuel will be compensated)
- Own computer (internet provided)
- Own phone (credit to be provided)
Future opportunity to become a shareholder
go to method of application »
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Introduce new and innovative methods and means to improve customer satisfaction
- Good taste for trendy fashions and consumer behaviors.
- Holder of a 2ND Upper Bachelor of Commerce degree (Marketing Option) or equivalent and an MBA (Marketing) from a recognized university.
- Experience with marketing for retail/FMCG preferred
- An innovative person with a flair for analyzing markets and identifying opportunities
- An outgoing, self-motivated and observant personality
- Good communication skills
- Marketing plans and budgets deployment: Develop overall marketing and budget plans for the broadcast division in line with the annual business plan for the company and enforce execution aligned to the business realization goals
- Content strategy development: Inform short term and long term programming strategy formulation based on overall in market review of current consumer and industry trends, insights and competitor activity
- Communication development: Conceptualize, design and execute strategic brands communication vehicles such as Thematic campaigns and monitor their effectiveness while optimizing on the available resources
- Networking and Relationship Management: Identify and forge partnerships with relevant business arms in broadcast industry to ensure maximum engagement in the market with our consumers
- Monitoring and Control: Define brand guidelines in the business and enforce how we look both internally and externally, in line with business objectives and key partnerships, to ensure consistency in the market
- Market Research: Conduct continuous market research and gather both competitor and consumer intelligence based on key market parameters in liaison with producers, presenters and consumer and market research and intelligence agencies
- Prepare and execute marketing strategies. Ensure brand messages are consistent.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Collaborate with sales and sourcing to develop strategic partnership activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Develop and lead the online marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader.
- Prepare and adhere to marketing budgets
- Developing annual and quarterly brand plans and foresee the implementation.
- Managing, developing and implementing marketing activities to maximize sales of the brands.
- Track and monitor brand performance as the marketing done.
- Provide pricing and promotional strategy recommendations.
- Market intelligence surveys through regular market visits to monitor competitor activities and take counter actions.
- Analyze sales data to update a brand portfolio, determine new products and share list of underperforming products.
- Identifying relevant brand promotional platforms and executing.
go to method of application »
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee and supervise petty cash, banking and payroll
2. Prepare management accounts
3. Prepare annual audited accounts
4. Cordinate and direct the preparation of budget and escalate for approval
5. Ensure that all monthly and periodical financial returns are filed with the relevant authorities
6. Efficiently manage cash flow
7. Advise on investment decisions based on income & cash flow
8. Liaise with external auditors e.g. KRA for both legal and statutory compliance
9. Supervise the team to ensure that billing and collections are done on time
10. Supervise the property manager to ensure that the properties generate ROI
11. Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- CPA (K)/ACCA Finalist
- At least a minimum of 4 to 5 years relevant experience in accounting & finance
- Excellent accounting software(Quick Books, Excel, Word) user and administration skills
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate proactivity and due diligence
- Honesty is key characteristic.
Method of Application
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2611”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2611 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 19th January 2017