If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
EABL is the leading drinks company in Eastern Africa with a wide portfolio of products in beer, spirits, malt and other non-alcoholic drinks. EABL is quoted on 3 East African stock exchanges with a turnover of over £480m.
The Strategy team in EABL is charged to formulate, communicate, execute and sustain strategic initiatives. The Group Strategy Manager role is responsible for sustaining an inclusive strategy formulation process, monitoring execution of agreed initiatives, assessing the effectiveness of strategic initiatives in delivering our strategic outcomes and mobilizing the processes, systems and capabilities in the countries to guarantee the realization of set strategic outcomes.
Purpose of Role
- Manage Strategic Initiatives through Measurement and Evaluation: Develop, coordinate and embed a rigorous measurement and evaluation methodology of strategy initiatives that is integrated into the individual country annual performance cycle processes of BPM, QMR,
Game Plan and AOP.
- Facilitating identification and resolution of resourcing gaps to key strategic initiatives: Establish and maintain a rigorous process of assessing resourcing gaps for KEY initiatives across the EABL markets and leading the process of addressing the Gaps either through financial investment, capability injection or systems & process improvement to ensure that initiatives with attractive size of prize are resourced enough to entail a high right win.
- Facilitate and drive key strategy initiatives through inception stage:
Partnering with Country leadership, Diageo central resources & Consultants to support execution of key or centrally-led initiatives. Mobilizing and managing teams of individuals charged with executing centrally led initiatives with significant size of prize.
- Drive continuous improvement in executional capabilities at country level.
Develop, coordinate and embed strategy execution monitoring and intervention framework through the BPM cycle at country level to foster continuous improvement in executional capabilities. Introduce and embed processes and systems of M&E of strategy execution across the 4 operating units in EABL through capability building and process improvement to create sustainable executional rigor.
- Lead annual strategy review including annual financial review: Coordinate annual strategy reviews including individual and hub update of financials. Execute any ad-hoc strategy projects (Including Strategy formulation for Export markets in near future). Facilitate the adoption, roll out and embedding of any new Diageo strategy methodologies in future.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develop and sustain a dynamic measurement and evaluation framework for strategy execution.
- Identify resource gaps for key strategic imperatives and enable process of addressing.
- Assess effectiveness of action plans (strategic initiatives) in delivering strategic outcomes and instigate corrective plans.
- Recommend frameworks that ensure decision making at country level prioritizes the strategic imperatives.
- Partner with country FD’s to build in country capability, processes and systems to monitor and course correct strategic progress.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree holder with minimum 6+ years’ experience.
- Cross functional exposure is an added advantage.
- Significant hands on Commercial and/or Finance experience,
- Broader commercial finance experience is an advantage.
- Experience of working in emerging markets through in-market and cross-functional teams.
- Credible at GM/FD/marketing Director level with highly effective communication and influencing skills.
- Extensive project management skills, both as a leader and key team member.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The Commercial Assets Coordinator is critical to the overall KBL short, medium and long term strategy in developing and driving our trade strategy and operational excellence within retail outlets and distributors.
The job holder works closely with the Trade Management, Trade Development Representative, Divisional Trade Execution Managers, Divisional Performance Managers, Area Business Development Manager and Divisional Sales Manager.
KBL demand has 97% volume share of beer market and 52% volume share for Spirits. KBL demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Kenya and also markets UDV brands. KBL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to KBL delivery of both volume growth and market share.
- Be authentic
- Speak out freely to increase your level of understanding and challenge ways of working where relevant.
- Build great relationships with your teams, peers, sales leaders and customers.
- Be honest and open at all times and value the difference in people.
- Find solutions
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities.
- Generate ideas and solutions to problems.
- Use all relevant data to make credible decisions.
- Consistently Deliver Great Performance
- Embrace the Diageo way of selling capabilities.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standard in everything you do.
- Fully understand the sales strategy and how you will beat the competition.
- Grow yourself
- Develop and apply self-awareness(strengths and development needs)
- Grow your capability and experience and use the sales career framework and sales capabilities.
- Look for and respond to feedback
Purpose of Role:
- Ensure optimum utilization of assets and tools in trade
- Lead the development and execution of asset merchandising programs for customer segments in line with the trade and portfolio strategy.
- Ensure that trade programs and execution merchandising standards developed meet business objectives and customer segment requirements
- Streamline and manage the efficacy of spend on tools and assets and ensure ROI on each.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Ensure the documentation and tracking of assets, movement and deployment as spelled out in Trade asset policy.
- Ensure that all supplier POs are raised in a timely manner and that their invoices are paid promptly and any discrepancies solved as quickly as possible.
- Ensure an updated log of all assets and tools in trade. The incumbent should be the liaison between field sales team, procurement, finance, legal and external suppliers/agencies to actualize this.
- Generate weekly reports on assets in trade- this shall include assets deployed, assets redeployed, lost assets, and assets maintained. Use the current
- Information Technology system and other manual sources to actualize this.
- Be central depository of all retail assets and tools records for the business. Additionally, this jobholder shall also work with internal stake holders to beat competition.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Ideally, not less than two years' experience in FMCG preferably in trade marketing, field sales and administration
- Developing and maintaining beneficial relationships with clients, external suppliers and commercial partners
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing
- Organized, structured with good analytical skills
This is a commercial position aimed at building the Reserve Luxury Portfolio knowledge, awareness
and adoration with our Diageo Reserve Luxury Portfolio sales-forces as well as the TLA and Pacemaker stakeholders, driving and inspiring customer loyalty and demand, which will in turn transform into consumer demand.
- The Reserve Luxury Portfolio business has a challenging growth & innovation agenda.
- The challenge in the on-trade is driving penetration and frequency of consumption, the off trade is challenged with retail consolidation & pricing.
- This is a highly complex role covering a broad portfolio of brand
- Deep understanding of what is important to Reserve Luxury Portfolio customers.
- Has their finger on the pulse of what is happening on the ground
- Ability to identify emerging trends & insights. Tenacious in translating this knowledge into commercial actions quickly.
- Category Knowledge across Spirits.
- Passion for luxury dinks and non-drinks brands, our customers & our consumers
- Ability to develop strong relationships with trade partners
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Excellent knowledge of the drinks and non-drinks luxury goods sector
- Proven passion to live life of the luxury sector and bring our brands to life
- Outstanding and proven presentation skills
- Must possess excellent mixology skills with a solid Spirit (and Wine) knowledge
- Proven training ability, persuasive selling skills, passion for wine and the high end drinks business, with respect to customers and consumers
- Good informal relationships with wine, culinary and lifestyle journalists an asset
The trading environment of the FMCG category is changing from a pure commodity approach to brand and image building. Key Accounts are slowly emerging, which will result in specialization and concentration of decision power. To gain competitive advantage and to enhance brand, volume and profit performance the trade marketing and merchandising organizations need to successfully implement EABL's trade marketing and merchandising standards. The role of the Divisional Trade Marketing Manager is to manage and direct the divisional Sales Force and other trade marketing assets in order that they achieves the brand, availability and merchandising objectives in line with the needs of the trade.
Purpose of Role:
The main purpose for this role will be to develop and execute a divisional trade marketing and merchandising plan which meets brand, volume and profit objectives for each trade channel and customer through the most effective and efficient utilization of budgets and manpower in order to achieve overall Sales and Distribution objectives.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement divisional trade marketing and merchandising plan which meets the objectives of the regional trade marketing and merchandising plan and is in line with brand strategy and the needs of the trade.
- Manage the implementation of plans for merchandising and promotion in the outlets in order to achieve brand, volume and share objectives and targets.
- Manage the efficient and effective execution of a divisional trade marketing plan through on-job training, retraining, motivation and development of the Sales Force, in order that trade marketing and merchandising representation is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
- Manage the merchandising of company brands within retail outlets in the division in order to ensure that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market by trade channel and outlet type.
- Establish close working relationships with the trade in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
- Keep TMR’s fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future Below The Line action plans so that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Manage Divisional Trade Marketing budgets and BTL assets for the division to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Provide trade marketing and merchandising information and reports on performance and customers to ensure that the National Trade Marketing Manager, Customer Service , Marketing and Brand Marketing are fully informed at all times.
- Manage contracted retail outlets in terms of contract compliance, optimal maintenance and placement of company material.
- Implement national presence marketing and promotion programs with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the key strategic brands throughout the division by gaining the active support of the trade through the Sales Force.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Approx. 2 years’ experience at a territory representative level in an FMCG company.
- Experience in people management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.