- Prepare strategic and operational plan for the Directorate to serve the ever growing needs of the University.
- Coordinate the acquisition of hardware and software geared towards improvement of University automation in line with international standards.
- Oversee IT operations by analyzing and designing Information Systems to aid in timely delivery of solutions.
- Maintain the ICT Infrastructure to ensure a good learning and operational environment in the institution.
- Represent the directorate at the senate to ensure the directorate issues are articulated and implemented.
- Direct, develop, and supervise department staff by providing technical hands on leadership to the technical team.
- Develop, revise, and maintain a set of comprehensive ICT policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain of University website.
- Publicize University programmes to prospective clients through the web.
- Establish collaborations and strategies for the improvement of web metrics ranking of the University.
- Represent the Directorate at official University functions and events.
- Prepare monthly reports on the operations of the directorate to measures its performance.
- Applicants must possess an earned PhD in Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University, with at least six (6) years working experience in a relevant field, three (3) of which at the level of a Systems Analyst/Programmer,Systems/Database/Network Administrator/Computer Technologist Grade 13 Or M.Sc. in Computer Security or Information Security or Digital Forensics or any other related field with nine(9) years working experience, three(3) of which at the level of Systems Analyst/Programmer,
Systems/Database/Network Administrator/Computer Technologist Grade 13.
- In addition, candidates must have professional certifications in MCSE, CCNP, CERT, CISA, CISM, or any other relevant certifications. Those with knowledge of Network Resource Sharing and Security, Server, Firewall, Active Directory and Proxy Configurations will have an added advantage.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The appointment tenure for Dean of Students, Assistant Registrar- Council Secretariat and the Manager ICT will be for a contractual period renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets. Other positions may be considered for permanent and pensionable terms of service upon successful completion of the probation period.
go to method of application »
Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants must also submit on application CURRENT VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct).
- Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert reference number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below.
A soft copy of the cover letter and curriculum vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 11th October, 2019
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance) Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 190-50100 KAKAMEGA
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND FEMALE GENDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise