Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) is a leading public institution in Kenya. The vision of the university is “To be the Premier University in Science, Technology and Innovation”
The Council of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology seeks to recruit suitable, qualified experienced, dynamic and visionary individual with excellent credentials to fill the following Position:
- Prepare strategic and operational plan for the Directorate to serve the ever growing needs of the University.
- Coordinate the acquisition of hardware and software geared towards improvement of University automation in line with international standards.
- Oversee IT operations by analyzing and designing Information Systems to aid in timely delivery of solutions.
- Maintain the ICT Infrastructure to ensure a good learning and operational environment in the institution.
- Represent the directorate at the senate to ensure the directorate issues are articulated and implemented.
- Direct, develop, and supervise department staff by providing technical hands on leadership to the technical team.
- Develop, revise, and maintain a set of comprehensive ICT policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain of University website.
- Publicize University programmes to prospective clients through the web.
- Establish collaborations and strategies for the improvement of web metrics ranking of the University.
- Represent the Directorate at official University functions and events.
- Prepare monthly reports on the operations of the directorate to measures its performance.
- Applicants must possess an earned PhD in Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University, with at least six (6) years working experience in a relevant field, three (3) of which at the level of a Systems Analyst/Programmer,Systems/Database/Network Administrator/Computer Technologist Grade 13 Or M.Sc. in Computer Security or Information Security or Digital Forensics or any other related field with nine(9) years working experience, three(3) of which at the level of Systems Analyst/Programmer,
Systems/Database/Network Administrator/Computer Technologist Grade 13.
- In addition, candidates must have professional certifications in MCSE, CCNP, CERT, CISA, CISM, or any other relevant certifications. Those with knowledge of Network Resource Sharing and Security, Server, Firewall, Active Directory and Proxy Configurations will have an added advantage.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The appointment tenure for Dean of Students, Assistant Registrar- Council Secretariat and the Manager ICT will be for a contractual period renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets. Other positions may be considered for permanent and pensionable terms of service upon successful completion of the probation period.
go to method of application »
- Manage all Council and Committee meeting logistics, attend and record minutes of all meetings and facilitate Council communications.
- Serve as the focal point for all Council communications and engagements.
- Provide proper advice and resources required by Council members to discharge their duties.
- Maintain accurate records of Council and committee deliberations, ensuring they reflect proper exercise of fiduciary duties.
- Facilitate induction of new Council members and assist in their training and development.
- Ensure that Council complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as best corporate governance practice, including disclosures.
- Provide guidance to the Council on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance.
- Assist the Council in carrying out the following:
- Preparation of Council Work Plans
- Updating the Council and Committee Charters
- Council Evaluation
- Governance Audit
- Implementation of the Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Ensure timely preparation and circulation of Council committee papers and minutes.
- Maintain and update the register of conflict of interest.
- Ensure that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) or in humanities from a recognized University; those with a Master’s Degree in Law, Public Administration, Education, and Human Resource Management will have an added advantage.
- In addition, candidates must be holders of Certified Public Secretary CPS (K); with five (5) years cumulative relevant work experience in an institution of higher learning, public/private sector, or a large corporation; must be a Member of Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya, ICPS (K) or Law Society of Kenya (LSK) in good standing and must be proficient in computer applications.
Method of Application
Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants must also submit on application CURRENT VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct).
- Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert reference number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below.
A soft copy of the cover letter and curriculum vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 11th October, 2019
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance) Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 190-50100 KAKAMEGA
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND FEMALE GENDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise